Service Records uploaded to owners.honda.com?

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
So this is a two part query that really has to do with the online sites for Honda owners. From what I can see, there are two online owner sites - my.honda.com and owners.honda.com. They both seem to offer general information but despite allowing the user to register and spitting back their model, body style, paint color and VIN numbers, they really don't seem to yield much more info than any general site would (eg. download manuals, explore features, yada yada.)

I am asking about this because when I received a brochure with my new car inviting me to "Join the club" at owners.honda.com, it said that "Once registered, you can stay up to date with your vehicle's service records..." So I assumed I would find downloadable service records for my car. Nope. I have to manually enter each item in. Am I missing something? Because it seems that copying paper records into a form to keep as another record is so 1995. I'd actually be better off copying my service records to an Excel Spreadsheet which could then give me useful macros and running tallies on between-oil change mileage, miles since last tire rotation, etc.

So that begs me to question why there are two separate sites requiring two separate login accounts - owners.honda.com and my.honda.com - while neither yields more than general information. Given the VIN-specific information generated at Honda service centers, one would think that practical account-specific tools that track more meaningful interactivity between the Honda service department and the Honda owner would be a logical step. Both sites after all have all our info right down to the VIN number, so it's not like adding service record uploads would violate anything more sacred.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ever since I got my Civic in May of 2017, any service I have gotten, most of which I do myself, I upload it to the website at owners.honda. Mainly for my personal records, but also just in case I would ever need to sell the vehicle, I have all my records in one place ready to go.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So this is a two part query that really has to do with the online sites for Honda owners. From what I can see, there are two online owner sites - my.honda.com and owners.honda.com. They both seem to offer general information but despite allowing the user to register and spitting back their model, body style, paint color and VIN numbers, they really don't seem to yield much more info than any general site would (eg. download manuals, explore features, yada yada.)

I am asking about this because when I received a brochure with my new car inviting me to "Join the club" at owners.honda.com, it said that "Once registered, you can stay up to date with your vehicle's service records..." So I assumed I would find downloadable service records for my car. Nope. I have to manually enter each item in. Am I missing something? Because it seems that copying paper records into a form to keep as another record is so 1995. I'd actually be better off copying my service records to an Excel Spreadsheet which could then give me useful macros and running tallies on between-oil change mileage, miles since last tire rotation, etc.

So that begs me to question why there are two separate sites requiring two separate login accounts - owners.honda.com and my.honda.com - while neither yields more than general information. Given the VIN-specific information generated at Honda service centers, one would think that practical account-specific tools that track more meaningful interactivity between the Honda service department and the Honda owner would be a logical step. Both sites after all have all our info right down to the VIN number, so it's not like adding service record uploads would violate anything more sacred.
If you use MyFarFax, then all the Dealers service work info, emissions tests, etc will automatically populate in your account, but you are still free to ADD your own content.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you use MyFarFax, then all the Dealers service work info, emissions tests, etc will automatically populate in your account, but you are still free to ADD your own content.
Really? Is this done by all dealerships?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Really? Is this done by all dealerships?
I believe that all Dealers upload the service info to CARFAX. MyCarFax automatically picks it up from CarFax, (YOU do not need a CarFax subscription !! )
along with data from Emissions testing, and state registration.

Easy way for you to confirm this yourself , make a FREE MyCarFax account, set it up with your car info (Vin #, state of registration etc), and see what you get !!

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I believe that all Dealers upload the service info to CARFAX. MyCarFax automatically picks it up from CarFax, (YOU do not need a CarFax subscription !! )
along with data from Emissions testing, and state registration.

Easy way for you to confirm this yourself , make a FREE MyCarFax account, set it up with your car info (Vin #, state of registration etc), and see what you get !!
Thanks. I did that, and I do see some records in there. However, they are all from local garages, and NONE from Honda! :-(

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. I did that, and I do see some records in there. However, they are all from local garages, and NONE from Honda! :-(
Yes, they are from Dealer who have worked on your car. Not all GARAGES send info to CarFax.
Dealer SHOULD always send your service info to CARFAX.

HONDA USA does not .. they are not servicing your car -- j

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, they are from Dealer who have worked on your car. Not all GARAGES send info to CarFax.
Dealer SHOULD always send your service info to CARFAX.

HONDA USA does not .. they are not servicing your car -- j
What do you mean, "they are not service my car"?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you mean, "they are not service my car"?
HONDA USA is not Servicing your car.. It is either serviced by
(a) A Honda Dealer
(b) A Garage that is not a Honda Dealer
(c) By an Independent person, such as yourself.

(a) Dealer should send service reports to CarFax
(b) Independent garage my, or may not - depends if they have registered with CarFax to supply service info
(c) Individuals probably do not, or can not update your CarFax data

You can however, add to your own MyCarFax account yourself

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
HONDA USA is not Servicing your car.. It is either serviced by
(a) A Honda Dealer
(b) A Garage that is not a Honda Dealer
(c) By an Independent person, such as yourself.

(a) Dealer should send service reports to CarFax
(b) Independent garage my, or may not - depends if they have registered with CarFax to supply service info
(c) Individuals probably do not, or can not update your CarFax data

You can however, add to your own MyCarFax account yourself
My point being that "Dealer should send service reports to CarFax" is a lot different than your original statement "I believe that all Dealers upload the service info to CARFAX."

Even my Acura dealer stopped reporting information a few years ago. So, I am 0-for-2.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My point being that "Dealer should send service reports to CarFax" is a lot different than your original statement "I believe that all Dealers upload the service info to CARFAX."

Even my Acura dealer stopped reporting information a few years ago. So, I am 0-for-2.
Your welcome !!