Service Manual coming anytime soon?

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Curious if the 10th gen OEM Service Manual is available yet? I am thinking dealers would have it (possibly) but I would like advice on best way to source one --thanks!!
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I don't expect this anytime soon. Last I checked with my service for a manual for a 15 CRV, which they did not have. It really does go by the maintenance minder in your car, which, in essence, helps you spend less money than having set intervals in a book.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I don't expect this anytime soon. Last year I checked with my service department for a manual for a 15 CRV, which they did not have. It really does go by the maintenance minder in your car, which, in essence, helps you spend less money than having set intervals in a book.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
OP
OP
AirCooled

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Thanks for the replies! was looking for PDF anyway. Im fairly sure I could snag every portion of the service manual in a 24 period. $10 bucks isn't that bad.

What URL would one look for the option for 1 day access?

(Edited< I GOT it, didn't realize links were clickable - thank you!)

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im fairly sure I could snag every portion of the service manual in a 24 period.
I've never tried it, but I bet they make it pretty hard to do that.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Im fairly sure I could snag every portion of the service manual in a 24 period. $10 bucks isn't that bad.
Based on what I've read on an Accord forum, Honda will suspend your account if they detect you using it "too much". No guidance on how much that is. But they definitely don't want you doing that. Still, people have succeeded at downloading the whole thing.

It's disappointing. It's clearly an effort by them to stop people from fixing their own cars so their dealerships can make more money. It's the one thing that makes me not want to buy another Honda, though I don't know if other manufacturers are doing the same thing or not.

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's clearly an effort by them to stop people from fixing their own cars so their dealerships can make more money. It's the one thing that makes me not want to buy another Honda, though I don't know if other manufacturers are doing the same thing or not.
I don't bet that was the primary motivation. This data costs a lot to produce, maintaining it current and correct is also difficult and expensive, and technologies like search, index, and hyperlink would have to add huge value and productivity for their primary customers for this data: the dealers. The online subscription is the solution to all those problems. And once you've gotten there, you have the added cost of making it into a paper-suitable format and the market for the manuals has also shrunk considerably. Not to mention fewer people do their own work, less work is required, and the complexity/tooling required for the work there is has, in many cases, become prohibitive anyway. So, long gone are the days when they included the shop manual with the car ala my 1986 Integra. I used to buy them for all my Hondas. Never bought them for the '04 Acura TL or the '07 CR-V.

I also think they don't want non-Honda people working on their cars.

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
alot of dealers don't do all the work on their cars, they will farm out the jobs they don't do. A/C, body work, windshields and i'm sure many more. right now i want to look at the speakers in the door, a good shop manual would be good for this. seems to me they used to cost in excess of 200 smackers for a set way back when. may have to check out the the online site.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'd thoroughly enjoy getting a copy of this. I know there are a few third party companies that have a good amount of the data available (Alldata for example) but it be great to have the OEM one as well. Any idea on the link where I can at least view it for a day?

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
copied from a page on the above site :

The following manuals are available from Helm Inc.

• Service Manuals
  • Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals
  • Body Repair Manuals
  • Owner's Manuals
These are the same manuals Honda and Acura dealer technicians use, so you know you're getting the technical information needed to service and maintain your vehicle.

hummm.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
copied from a page on the above site :

The following manuals are available from Helm Inc.
  • Service Manuals
  • Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals
  • Body Repair Manuals
  • Owner's Manuals
These are the same manuals Honda and Acura dealer technicians use, so you know you're getting the technical information needed to service and maintain your vehicle.

hummm.
It says it, but for many model years now it just hasn't been true.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....=&Category=1&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=
Sponsored