SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
The problem is when you sue someone you have to show how you were damaged.
If there's no proof of damage theres no case.
You would need a clutch expert to testify that the way the car was driven damaged the clutch and what dollar amount it cost you......hard to prove.

Whenever I take my car in for service ANYWHERE I always do a walk around the car with the service writer and make him note that there's no damage or note any damage that is present.......AND I note the mileage when I drop it off.
If when I pick it up it's more than a couple mile test drive then I can complain.
Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
You're getting railed, but you have a point. Sort of. I would say that there is a middle ground between fixing everything yourself and "dealing with it." You can develop a close relationship with a mechanic. You can watch your car while it's being serviced and insist on going along for any test drives.
Eh, I'm used to it. I don't sweat it. I just fix and do my own work or pay for it and if something happens just let it go. Going litigious route will cost more time and headache at my expense than the car is worth.

And yes that is what I mean't but people always take the worse case scenario. I already have a independent mechanic (Race Shop) that does all work I am not willing to do and or lazy about it and never rely on warranty unless it involved full engine or trans replacement. Most of the easy stuff I just take care of myself or take to independent race shop I trust.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Sorry man, but you're kind of out of line here. First of all it's not just a car. To a lot of people it's a huge investment. As far as people doing all their own work, that sounds good in theory but sometimes real life gets in the way. Some people aren't mechanically inclined. Some are elderly or have injuries that prevent them from doing their own work. Those people shouldn't have to just "deal with it" when a dealer fucks up.

The bottom line in the OP's situation is that people at the dealership used his car for a joyride and potentially did some damage. That's inexcusable, unprofessional and frankly, a real crock of shit.
That's a different take and you are entitled to it. However, I must add cars are not investments if it's considered a burden it's a liability.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello guys,

I joined to share this video. This is my car. I posted this on a facebook group and thought I should with everyone else as well. I got a lot of response on facebook.

I took my car to get the hardness recall upgrade done. Got curious and went over my dashcam video and found the most disturbing stuff.

What are your thoughts

I take it you had to remove the video...they pay you some good $$$$

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
All the video can do is help you know not to go there ever again. Or to any dealer unless necessary.

Maybe you can sue the girl personally.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Hope this all works out for the OP.

I see a lot of people in here going way over the top. I saw the video last week and there was probably damage to the clutch but nothing else. Nothing warranting a new car by any means...

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anyone download the video? I know I should have when I saw it. This person obviously couldn't drive a stick. they just sat there on redline for maybe longer than a minute. no exaggeration. that poor tranny and engine... smh

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I dropped off my car a few times at a dealer . My dash cam is clearly visible with audio reminders turn up also wires dangling around . So they knew it was running .

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Curious on any new development with this? Or just staying low letting the back end take care of business?
Sponsored