Service Employee Driving Type R

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Friend with lawyer, who happens to be my boss, also recommended taking the video down.

I made the video private for now and deleted the video from a comment chain in a private facebook group. Hopefully that prevents any blowback.

He didn't ask his personal lawyer yet, but he says there is a risk the dealer sues me for slander? I told him I have not disclosed the dealer yet.
Do you guys think I'm at risk? Its my personal property so what is the concern with releasing this video? Regardless, videos are down now.

He also says the only way I could win, if this goes to court, is if I can prove my car sold for less money because of this issue? What do you guys think? Apparently I can't just sue them for letting an idiot drive my car.

I scheduled an appointment with a different dealer on Friday I gave them the entire story and they sounded interested in looking at it for me.

Some are recommending going to local medial and threatening for a compensation. Should I wait until Friday's inspection? Thoughts?

**Edit**
spelling, grammar

Yes, this is true. You need to incur actual financial damages. Intrinsic value is not good enough for courts. However, you could sell the car to me for 1000 and then show a loss.... lol

At the end of the day it's just a car. Don't like it then learn how to fix your own car and don't let anyone work on it. If you can't best to just deal with it.

Also, the Type-R and most new turbo cars do sound like shit.
Sponsored

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Are you serious
Yes, this is true. You need to incur actual financial damages. Intrinsic value is not good enough for courts. However, you could sell the car to me for 1000 and then show a loss.... lol

At the end of the day it's just a car. Don't like it then learn how to fix your own car and don't let anyone work on it. If you can't best to just deal with it.

I don't comment on here much but are you serious???? Don't like it learn to fix it yourself? Your deluded mate, we are not all mechanics but we have all paid a sh1t load for a car and expect the garage we give it to to treat it with respect. What happened here is an absolute discgrace but your reply is even more of a disgrace

tmdws7

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German, Japanese and Domestic
Country flag
Search YouTube for videos by Throbbnation and review what recently happened when he had his 2018 Civic Sport shipped to Texas.

After a dealer inspection, he was cut a check by the shipper and did not have the video to prove the abuse the car endured. Your video clearly and audibly shows the lack of care.

You have a video, and they can threaten all they want, but I don’t see their name being trashed anywhere and they are the ones that let someone drive it the way it was driven.

If that was my car, I’d be demanding a transmission replacement at a minimum. Throbb got a check for clutch, flywheel and pressure plate without a lot of hassle and with no slander. His car simply sat for 6 weeks as it got addressed. No loss of value proven, he just lost use as it was resolved.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
At the end of the day it's just a car. Don't like it then learn how to fix your own car and don't let anyone work on it. If you can't best to just deal with it...
Sorry man, but you're kind of out of line here. First of all it's not just a car. To a lot of people it's a huge investment. As far as people doing all their own work, that sounds good in theory but sometimes real life gets in the way. Some people aren't mechanically inclined. Some are elderly or have injuries that prevent them from doing their own work. Those people shouldn't have to just "deal with it" when a dealer fucks up.

The bottom line in the OP's situation is that people at the dealership used his car for a joyride and potentially did some damage. That's inexcusable, unprofessional and frankly, a real crock of shit.

Last edited:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag

Dumbass

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag

You're getting railed, but you have a point. Sort of. I would say that there is a middle ground between fixing everything yourself and "dealing with it." You can develop a close relationship with a mechanic. You can watch your car while it's being serviced and insist on going along for any test drives.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Video is gone, I can’t see it. I’m sure they’re paying you $$$$ to remove it? Lol. I’m cringing and I haven’t even seen the video.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
And I’m sorry that this happened to you.
It is basically a young person riding the clutch at high rpm, stalling tons, and I believe I heard some red lining though the audio was tough to make out. It was tough to watch.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Search YouTube for videos by Throbbnation and review what recently happened when he had his 2018 Civic Sport shipped to Texas.

After a dealer inspection, he was cut a check by the shipper and did not have the video to prove the abuse the car endured. Your video clearly and audibly shows the lack of care.

You have a video, and they can threaten all they want, but I don’t see their name being trashed anywhere and they are the ones that let someone drive it the way it was driven.

If that was my car, I’d be demanding a transmission replacement at a minimum. Throbb got a check for clutch, flywheel and pressure plate without a lot of hassle and with no slander. His car simply sat for 6 weeks as it got addressed. No loss of value proven, he just lost use as it was resolved.
He actually is not going to replace the clutch. which is stupid IMO. In his case i wouldn't be worried about the clutch as much as I would about the transmission itself. Chances synchros are damaged/gone are pretty high. Lugging the engine (which I'm 99% sure have occurred as well) is never good either...

Regardless, these fockers deserve punishment

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
It is basically a young person riding the clutch at high rpm, stalling tons, and I believe I heard some red lining though the audio was tough to make out. It was tough to watch.
What the fuck. That dealer deserves to go out of business.

I would share the video with Honda corporate for starters.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
This has gone on at dealers (and other places) for years... Has no one seen Ferris Bueller? cmon. The bigger issue is that a) the fools didn't know you had a dash cam and b) you now have proof to have a calm discussion with the dealership management about how their employees misbehave.

As for "inspecting for wear" all you can do is have the transmission pulled and judge clutch wear. The amount of wear will be debated by the dealer because they have no baseline of before/after to prove how much wear the clutch endured. At best, you get a new clutch installed? At worst, they say oh, thanks.. and wish you on your way.

tmdws7

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German, Japanese and Domestic
Country flag
He actually is not going to replace the clutch. which is stupid IMO. In his case i wouldn't be worried about the clutch as much as I would about the transmission itself. Chances synchros are damaged/gone are pretty high. Lugging the engine (which I'm 99% sure have occurred as well) is never good either...

Regardless, these fockers deserve punishment
Correct, but Throbb got paid. Dealer rates on parts and labor are not cheap, so he has the funds if something happens, which is more than the original poster has at this point. Heck, I’d use the Throbbnation experience to support how he should be compensated and share those examples as a starting point.

peters239

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Country flag
I wish I would of got to see that video. Just from what I see on here sounds bad and makes me mad. I would want a new car too but realality is your most likely not going to get one. I would certainly want a new clutch and flywheel and the trans pulled apart and/or new trans. Thats exactly why I havent taken any of my vehicles to a shop in over a decade except inspection which i have no choice but to do that. I dont trust no one with my vehicles and why should I its not there car. Thats the problem anymore with any job. No one has reapect for other peoples stuff or will admit they messed up. They just hide it or blame someone else. I could write a book on all the things i ve heard got messed up at shops big or small. I know not everyone has time or space or knowledge to do work or warranty for that matter. But i agree with another reply on here that everyone should have a basic knowledge of a car. You know change oil, change a tire, change an air filter. Its not that hard just look up a vid on youtube. You gain pride some pride i feel in doing it yourself and save a ton of money and the fact knowing it was done RIGHT. Just my $.02. Hope you get something out of that stealer ship.
Sponsored