typer844

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Type R
Hello guys,

I joined to share this video. This is my car. I posted this on a facebook group and thought I should with everyone else as well. I got a lot of response on facebook.

I took my car to get the hardness recall upgrade done. Got curious and went over my dashcam video and found the most disturbing stuff.

What are your thoughts

Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Sounds like the receptionist. What do you think?

Wholy sh$t I would be maddddd.
I would want compensation or extended warranty at the minimum. Maybe even call a attorney. Took life off the clutch that’s forsure!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's fucked up. Definitely threaten to go to one of your local TV stations consumer advocates and/or legal action.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I'd want a new clutch at the very least. That was a lot of wear on your clutch. I'd also expect damage on wheels, lower lip, or both. I would be inspecting that car with a fine tooth comb and go after the dealership for a new clutch (or just the full replacement cost in cash). Depending on how viral that video goes, the dealership stands to lose a lot if trust which will cost way more than a clutch for you.

I also don't think it was intentional abuse (though I could be wrong) but that "tech" had no business driving a manual. The r is one of the easiest manuals I've ever driven so (s)he just had no clue what they were doing. And the is irrelevant to the damage done

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
I’m be very upset, they had it out for over 45 mins!

I once found a deposit slip for a personal banking account in my visor when I picked up my car after service at the local Honda dealership. (Just an oil change and tire rotation) I returned and asked the service writer if my car required a test drive and whether or not it was taken out on a test drive. He stated no but he would talk to the technician. After a few minutes (10-15) he returned and said that the technician did take it for a road test as a courtesy. When asked about the deposit slip found, they didn’t have an answer.

I got the full cost of my service refunded and a complimentary full tank of gas. (Probably 87 octane)
Both were offered by the dealership without me making any demands. I simply advised that I was not happy about the unauthorized use of my vehicle for personal matters and very disappointed in the untruthful answers I was given to justify the action.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Seems obvious that the driver could only drive an automatic, and treated your R like an automatic.. either put it in forwards, or but it in reverse.
Seems like when in forward, it was pretty random as to which forward gear they selected !!
I feel your pain and disgust !!

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An unnecessary road test by some dealership pylon who can’t drive stick?
That’s almost worse than beating on it.
Yeah, they’d be replacing the clutch at bare minimum and doing a LOT in the way of ass kissing to avoid being sued.
Years back I had a VW that needed periodic valve adjustments as part of the maintenance schedule.
Took it in for service one time and it was obvious that the work didn’t get done because the dust on the cam cover wasn’t even disturbed... not a fingerprint.
Yeah, the tech did the work after hours with me watching over his shoulder the whole time.
Sponsored