Service Costs $?

LA_CivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX
Country flag
Is there a reference anywhere for expected service cost? (A,B,1,2 etc.)

My local dealer (Norm Reeves Covina, CA) quoted A1 at $38 for synthetic blend oil/filter change and $19 more for tire rotation (8500ish miles).

If a reference or thread doesn't exist yet, maybe everyone can post their location, service type, and cost, to get a basis for a fair service.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't get the site to load right now, but some dealers will post what they charge for each service/service item on here - http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/minder

In WV, but I go to a dealer in VA or MD (usually VA) for stuff. They charge $39.99 for synth oil/filter, $19.99 for tire rotation. I just bring my own oil and save $25ish bucks, and its full synth too.

OP
OP

LA_CivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX
Country flag
I can't get the site to load right now, but some dealers will post what they charge for each service/service item on here - http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/minder

In WV, but I go to a dealer in VA or MD (usually VA) for stuff. They charge $39.99 for synth oil/filter, $19.99 for tire rotation. I just bring my own oil and save $25ish bucks, and its full synth too.
Solid. Thanks, I'll explore that some more.

From your experience, do most dealers allow you to bring your own?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Solid. Thanks, I'll explore that some more.

From your experience, do most dealers allow you to bring your own?
This is actually the first dealer I've tried it with, actually. My last car I just settled for the bulk oil they had on tap.

I've heard its luck of the draw.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
ha, dealer where I got my CRV gave me first two free oil changes, their ticket said $56 for the oil change and $20 for the tire rotation...after my free ones, I won't be going there, and won't be taking my civic there

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
About $35-$40 is right for an oil change. My tires have free rotation, balancing, and flat repair for their life, so that one I don't know about. $20 sounds right for that though.

elnos07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
If you get your oil change at Lindsay Honda in Columbus, OH they only charge you $19.95 no matter what kind of oil you want. That's pretty good deal.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you get your oil change at Lindsay Honda in Columbus, OH they only charge you $19.95 no matter what kind of oil you want. That's pretty good deal.
Yeah, they probably charge you $19.99 for whatever you ask for. Then they give you the bulk drum oil no matter what. $19.99 all the time baby!

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Here in Bakersfield Barber Honda the oil change is 33.95 (parts & labor) and tire rotation is 11.95. With Tax 47.40 total
Sponsored