Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
I expected this update to take maybe 20-30 minutes. I've been at the dealership for 1.5 hours and they still aren't done. I could have loaded windows images to 4 computers at work by now.
it took the dealer that did my update 2hr.........
Sponsored

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I heard get into the service menu and turn off android auto or apple car play or both. More memory the better Some people say it cured it 100%.
I tried this and disabled Apple Car Play. I don't want to disable AA because its more reliable than bluetooth connection.
I performed a factory reset on the head unit, and it seems to be connecting and auto-playing music more often than not. Whereas previously it would mess up more often than not. Still not perfect however.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I tried this and disabled Apple Car Play. I don't want to disable AA because its more reliable than bluetooth connection.
I performed a factory reset on the head unit, and it seems to be connecting and auto-playing music more often than not. Whereas previously it would mess up more often than not. Still not perfect however.
did you get the update.

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
I am at the dealer right now having the update done. They initially refused to do the update, but after I showed them the bulletin, and after speaking with the manager, it is being done. The manager said he didn't understand why they refused to do it. Hopefully all stuttering will be resolved.

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Woo, I'm very close to the beginning of the range! My car goes in tomorrow for a visor to get replaced (it keeps smacking me in the head) and I'm going to have see if they'll do the update too.
I got the update done! After a couple a days the biggest changes are a general increase in responsiveness and the cameras. I'm so happy with the cameras! Before the update the cameras suffered from severe frame rate and stuttering issues and now they are consistently smooth days after the update. I was really disappointed because my cameras looked worse than the cameras on my previous Accord but now they're great.

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They don't want to do it on my car either. They say it's not showing up. But my vin is affected.

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So I received this update last Friday on 5/13/16. I was hoping that it would fix my issue of extreme and persistent bluetooth stuttering upon initial connection between my phone and car. Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue. Since Friday I have reset both my phone and my car back to Factory Defaults.

This morning I got into my car and was met again by the constant bluetooth stuttering after Pandora decided to load. I had to power cycle bluetooth on my phone and then after the devices reconnected, I was able to listen to music with zero issues until the end of my car ride.

I don't believe this is my phones fault, as another user on this forum has the exact same phone as I do, running the exact same version OS, and does not experience this issue.
The behavior of this stuttering leads me to believe I may have a reoccuring memory fault of some sort on my car's headunit. When the stuttering is occcuring I can pause, skip, volume up/down, there is just a 2-4 second delay between these commands or the music being broadcast from my phone, and when it stutters out of the car's speakers.
While the music is stuttering I can use the pause button on my phone and the car's audio system will continue stuttering for another 3 or 4 seconds, even though my phone clearly halts playback immediately.

I have mentioned my issues to Honda corporate and I have a feeling that I am not going to get much help from them because this phone is not on the tiny list of Approved Devices. This issue is extremely frustrating. I just want to be able to leave my phone in my pocket and for it to automatically and seamlessly begin playing music after I turn the car on. That's all I want. Anybody have any ideas?

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
So I received this update last Friday on 5/13/16. I was hoping that it would fix my issue of extreme and persistent bluetooth stuttering upon initial connection between my phone and car. Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue. Since Friday I have reset both my phone and my car back to Factory Defaults.

This morning I got into my car and was met again by the constant bluetooth stuttering after Pandora decided to load. I had to power cycle bluetooth on my phone and then after the devices reconnected, I was able to listen to music with zero issues until the end of my car ride.

I don't believe this is my phones fault, as another user on this forum has the exact same phone as I do, running the exact same version OS, and does not experience this issue.
The behavior of this stuttering leads me to believe I may have a reoccuring memory fault of some sort on my car's headunit. When the stuttering is occcuring I can pause, skip, volume up/down, there is just a 2-4 second delay between these commands or the music being broadcast from my phone, and when it stutters out of the car's speakers.
While the music is stuttering I can use the pause button on my phone and the car's audio system will continue stuttering for another 3 or 4 seconds, even though my phone clearly halts playback immediately.

I have mentioned my issues to Honda corporate and I have a feeling that I am not going to get much help from them because this phone is not on the tiny list of Approved Devices. This issue is extremely frustrating. I just want to be able to leave my phone in my pocket and for it to automatically and seamlessly begin playing music after I turn the car on. That's all I want. Anybody have any ideas?
Try turning the Wi-Fi off on your phone when you are connecting the Bluetooth with car. Give it a try...
Sponsored