Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Maybe they're trying to see if it's stable to release to the general customer, that is a higher version number than what most of us have. Remember Honda has to reimburse the dealers for this work so they would like to do it as least as possible thank you very much for posting this that just goes to show you there are better versions out.

Any issues you have with that version.
Outside of CarPlay being a little glitchy (I think that is mostly on Apple's and app developers end), everything seems to be running pretty smooth. I've had the car 5 days now. So there hasn't been extensive time to feel it all out. I'll report back any issues that come across.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Remember Honda has to reimburse the dealers for this work so they would like to do it as least as possible
This was Honda's choice. They could make the updates available for owner install. They choose not to.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, it happened again yesterday. 45 min commute in silence. Radio on, no sound coming out. I reset the unit down nothing works but to turn the car off for awhile and back on. It only does this every several weeks but it's frustrating. With new technology comes new issues.
Yours in literal radio silence,
LBug

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Well, it happened again yesterday. 45 min commute in silence. Radio on, no sound coming out. I reset the unit down nothing works but to turn the car off for awhile and back on. It only does this every several weeks but it's frustrating. With new technology comes new issues.
Yours in literal radio silence,
LBug
Try this might help...

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Just hold down the AUDIO, until you see the reboot yes/no pop up, and select yes, works for me to just reboot. Shame we must do this.. No more rice puddin' for me...
Yes agree but I found reboot takes longer than using holding the voice command button on steering wheel and wait for the car to speak and the audio comes back. All together 5 secs but both tricks work and I would say to reboot the radio once a week is a good practice. Again personal preference.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes agree but I found reboot takes longer than using holding the voice command button on steering wheel and wait for the car to speak and the audio comes back. All together 5 secs but both tricks work and I would say to reboot the radio once a week is a good practice. Again personal preference.

Last edited:

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just hold down the AUDIO, until you see the reboot yes/no pop up, and select yes, works for me to just reboot. Shame we must do this.. No more rice puddin' for me...
unfortunately that doesn't work for mine, wish it did. Makes no sense!

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I wish that worked on mine, but it doesn't. It's so frustrating. Going to try the voice command suggestion next and if that doesn't work I'm going to call the dealer daily until they figure this out. I took a video of it, too. :)

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
This was Honda's choice. They could make the updates available for owner install. They choose not to.
I went in for the parking break software update recall and asked if there was an update for the infotainment, and they said Honda was moving to a user installation model for them due to the costs. Don't know if it's truly or not, and I can't find it in writing anywhere, but that's what I was told.

Last edited:

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
My Honda case manager called yesterday for weekly update on what's going on with the upcoming update to software, still in the works accord to Honda engineers, but no ETA, ugh. Meanwhile I live with the 4 different, random bugs that happen from time to time until they get something out. Frustrating. Too many quality problem with their vehicles. My first, and will be my last Honda.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I went in for the parking break software update recall and asked if there was an update for the infotainment, and they said Honda was moving to a user installation model for them due to the costs. Don't know if it's truly or not, and I can't find it in writing anywhere, but that's what I was told.
I would say for the 2017 unit, but not so much for the 2016 unit. When going to a user update system, you have to have the extra RAM for a fail safe installation, or you will have a ton of bricks one day if the update fails in the interim.

Seachest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Need some help here. Been trying to get the audio system updated for the past 6 months. Every time I bring my car in, they tell me there is no updates (because their computer says there is none). I printed out the PDF of the TSB and placed it on the seat, showing my VIN being affected. They will not update it because their system shows no updates.

Any help or ideas to get them to update it? Been having intermittent issues lately and have been hoping the update would clear some of them up. But short of them re-producing it or their system saying it is needed, they will not touch it.

The version in my car is 180.6* (cannot remember exact build, it is from Early Oct. 2015, picked it up Black Friday last year)

I am going to be bringing it in soon for the Parking Brake and Subwoofer Rattle.
Sponsored