Service Advisor's opinion

BGsMom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe touring
Ran into an old friend last night who just happens to be a service advisor at my local Honda dealer. Told him I bought a touring coupe 3 weeks ago and love it. He said 'enjoy it while it lasts.' I asked what's that suppose to mean? He said i wouldn't buy that car, wait until you have to start paying for repairs. You made a bad investment, blah blah.
I went from a smile on my face to being ticked. What an *ss.
What y'all think?
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my EX-T for almost 1 year now (December) and 15,000 miles. I've had two issues, both fixed with TSBs. One was the CVT surging issue and the other was the "ghost touch" on the receiver. Quick ECU update from the dealer and done.

I couldn't be happier with my car.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Dude, people can say that about any car. I can say some new car is the most reliable on the road. I can also say that new chevy Cruze is a hunk of shit and will be costing much more in repairs than any other car. Will I have evidence of such until it actually starts happening? No.

MTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 RDX, 17 MDX
What does service advisor friend drive? Possibly a $hit box?

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
At our computer repair shop we don't like Lenovo Yogas because they all come in with really messed up issues compared to other machines we service, but Lenovo sells millions of the things, customers absolutely love them, and really we only see a couple a week. I have to remind myself that I'm only seeing like 0.0000000000001% of ones made and then only the ones that actually have an issue of some sort. Basically, as a technician I can give you an opinion, but my perspective is skewed due to only seeing broken and malfunctioning product. The only thing I can reliably do is steer you in the direction of something easier to fix when it does have an issue, because it takes me less time which costs you less money.

StevenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Dude, people can say that about any car. I can say some new car is the most reliable on the road. I can also say that new chevy Cruze is a hunk of shit and will be costing much more in repairs than any other car. Will I have evidence of such until it actually starts happening? No.
Saw a Chevy Cruze commercial on TV and they advertised a starting price close to 23K dollars US. Almost choked.

StevenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I wouldn't listen to the guy, most service advisors are full of crap. Some are honest.

EADGBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXL Hatch
I'm a fairly close acquanitence of a guy who is a service advisor at a non-Honda dealership. He's worked for three different brands/dealerships. He seems to have some kind of negative opinion about EVERY brand and/or every model, including those he has supported and those he has not. I think maybe it's the "I'm a service advisor so I know it all" syndrome. Perhaps it's a common affliction.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Ran into an old friend last night who just happens to be a service advisor at my local Honda dealer. Told him I bought a touring coupe 3 weeks ago and love it. He said 'enjoy it while it lasts.' I asked what's that suppose to mean? He said i wouldn't buy that car, wait until you have to start paying for repairs. You made a bad investment, blah blah.
What y'all think?
Drop this person as a friend! Then report him to his supervisor. He is not a responsible Honda employee and certainly no real friend to you! I have a 2016 Touring and love it! Good luck. The trouble with reading these posts is that you meet up with some real nut heads who have nothing better to do than complain about everything OR they're not satisfied with what they bought and are looking to buy new wheels, new speakers, new exhaust systems, etc. Very sad, folks!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My CV older brother became a mechanic for Honda from the early 80's from the mid 90's. He talked me into buying a Honda in 1985. Was the best car decision I ever made. Car lasted until 2000 when the front frame broke from rust was still running and working perfectly after 265k miles.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
My CV older brother became a mechanic for Honda from the early 80's from the mid 90's. He talked me into buying a Honda in 1985. Was the best car decision I ever made. Car lasted until 2000 when the front frame broke from rust was still running and working perfectly after 265k miles.
Yes! Good for you! I'm on my 5th Honda Civic ever since my first in 1991. I listened/listen to no one. I moved to Honda from Toyota in 1991 because the Corolla that year was just plain boring to look at. The rest is history and I have had nothing but good luck with Honda ever since.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
I wouldn't listen to the guy, most service advisors are full of crap. Some are honest.
It's actually the other way around. Service advisors get a bad rep mostly due to the lack of knowledge on the customers part.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
What y'all think?
He's an ass alright :) I have seen a few Civics with hiccups, but you made a good investment.
Sponsored