HILNDAR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe sold. 2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Anyone done this yet? Would like to see pics. Very happy with the car. Planning on just a tint job, spoiler delete and change the tail pipe to 2 stainless tips.

Looked and drove a 2014 accord coupe v6 6 speed. Very nice, but pleased with th Si.
At 51, owned a few toys over the years, 4 MR2’s, 4 Miata’s and BMW M3 5 spd.

Picked up a leftover 2017 Si coupe at the end of the year. An amazing value and performance potential.
Sponsored

Nickog909

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si and 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Anyone done this yet? Would like to see pics. Very happy with the car. Planning on just a tint job, spoiler delete and change the tail pipe to 2 stainless tips.

Looked and drove a 2014 accord coupe v6 6 speed. Very nice, but pleased with th Si.

Picked up a leftover 2017 Si coupe at the end of the year. An amazing value and performance potential.
It seems to me that the spoiler try’s to be to much in your face and a lot of younger men like that about it but I really like the tone down spoiler on my 17 Si sedan come on we all know what an Si looks like Honda didn’t need to do that but hey they’re reaching for a younger demographic and it seem to me it’s different with the sedan I’m about to be 30 and the simple aesthetics are very pleasing to eye

Nickog909

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si and 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
It seems to me that the spoiler try’s to be to much in your face and a lot of younger men like that about it but I really like the tone down spoiler on my 17 Si sedan come on we all know what an Si looks like Honda didn’t need to do that but hey they’re reaching for a younger demographic and it seem to me it’s different with the sedan I’m about to be 30 and the simple aesthetics are very pleasing to eye

Plus bonus four doors for more whores lol j/k
I got a family of four so logically I went with what best suited me hope you enjoy ur Honda and ur gonna love how cheap maintenance is and modding the car is good luck bro

OP
OP

HILNDAR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe sold. 2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Agreed. I think it’s a very good looking car without the spoiler. After 34 years of driving, probably 44 years of drooling over cars that evoke emotion, and make me smile. Reminds me of my my 93 Mr2 turbo and e36 m3. Both I ended up heavily
Modifying. Not interested in too much but probably a tune, but will very likely remove spoiler and exhaust tips. To each their own. I actually like the connected tail light.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I too am an old guy and I think that the rear spoiler is exaggerated. It kinda matches the HDMI exhaust tip. I just tell people it is my son’s car, LOL. Luckily the coupe does not have the huge faked vents which I absolutely hate.

Not sure how the lack of OE spoiler impacts the resale value.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Mid 30's, global supply chain manager for a gigantic pharmaceutical company. Love the spoiler and HDMI exhaust tip. Would gladly rock the Type R will full factory aero if I could get one for MSRP.

Has nothing to do with age. Different strokes for different folks.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I like the spoiler it blocks out headlights of the cars behind me at night. lol
:thumbsup:Same here...in the perfect spot for that!

Anyone done this yet? Would like to see pics.
I looked into this myself as to me the spoiler sits a bit to high for my taste. I was hoping the oem regular coupe spoiler used the same mounting pattern and would be able to just swap them out. Negative:mad:

Honda Civic 10th gen Seriously considering removing my coupe spoiler Screenshot_20180114-112800

Honda Civic 10th gen Seriously considering removing my coupe spoiler IMG_20180114_112504220_HDR

The Si uses a staggered bolt pattern plus a third mounting bolt towards the rear glass.

I like the shape of the oem coupe Si spoiler, just not the height. It would cost $$$$, but I am also considering having my buddy fab up new mounts in his machine shop. Use the existing holes and profile, but lower the spoiler and adjust front to back to where it would still look 'right'. And before someone decides to bash me for even thinking about changing the aero dynamics of the car....I am not doing 180 mph down the track where added downforce is actually necessary, and yes, I might lose .025 mpg on the highway:thumbsup:

Unless you are ok with holes, a brand new coupe decklid is probably the only way to delete the spoiler.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I don’t think a lowered spotter would impact the gas mileage. In fact, I am not sure if this spoiler is functional.

One complaint from me is this spoiler seems “loose” and flimsy when I close the trunk.

Last edited:

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I thought the spoiler was too much at first. It was one of my only hesitations buying the car. After owning it a few weeks, I love the spoiler. I did consider removing it at first, and when I looked up pics online where someone had done it, I feel it sort of ruined the look. Leave it alone, man...

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I thought the spoiler was too much at first. It was one of my only hesitations buying the car. After owning it a few weeks, I love the spoiler. I did consider removing it at first, and when I looked up pics online where someone had done it, I feel it sort of ruined the look. Leave it alone, man...
I agree-the few times I have seen a regular coupe on the road, they were without a spoiler....just didn't quite look right.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
I agree-the few times I have seen a regular coupe on the road, they were without a spoiler....just didn't quite look right.
Agreed. Also, consider that the spoiler is there for a reason from the Performance Team that also designed the Type R. The spoiler is effective over 60 mph in the couple and sedan. The SI is a track car and you need the downforce in spirited driving. If you are not into that kind of thing, remove the spoiler, but remember when you are on the highway going over 60, the dynamics and balance of the car will be different. The spoilers are not a marketing ploy. It balances with the stiffer bushings, adaptive dampers, etc. at speed.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Another old guy here. The spoiler on the sedan seems a bit 'tame', and the one on the coupe maybe a bit too much... but neither of the Si designs is repulsive.

I think the wing on the R looks ridiculous, and in all seriousness, if I loved/wanted everything else about the R that wing would either stop me from buying it or come off pronto.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag

If you're really dead set on that spoiler delete and your car is WOP i'll swap trunk-lids with you ;)

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm an old guy...and I like the coupe spoiler. That, and the rear end of the coupe 'convinced' my to upgrade from my '15 Si. You may like the lower-profile spoiler that is on our '16 EX-L - it's OEM, but not nearly as tall as the '17/'18 Si. It, however, seems way more 'flimsy' than the stock one...IMO.
Sponsored