Si Serious issue with clutch/clutch system... Can't shift easily/locked out while driving

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Mod list: FX350 w/SMF, acuity bushings and shifter upgrade, amsoil synchromesh, Sirimoto CMC and clutch line, CDV delete

So some back story... I had the classic high rpm lockout with aftermarket clutches. It wasn't terrible after I adjusted the master cylinder plus I don't drive too hard very often.

Then I started experiencing some complete lockouts. I'd start the car and couldn't get into any gear. Turning the car off and back on usually fixed it. It was concerning definitely, but it ran. Me and my friends had no idea what was going on.

Then it happened while I was driving. I turned the car off and back on and went on my way, but needless to say that was worrying me. I was looking into what it could be but couldn't find much other than the high rpm lockout threads. I could shift normally for the most part until I couldn't, which started about 2-3 weeks ago. I would go to shift, CMC adjusted all the way out, and can't get into any gear without hitting a wall until the revs drop. I replaced the CMC as I'd seen others do, but the problem persisted. We bled the system with a vacuum bleeder several times to no avail. I'm driving the car extremely gently now.

I've been thinking it could be the slave failing or a clutch damper spring failing/failed. I didn't think it was synchros since it happens in every gear. I'm planning on looking at the clutch with a bore scope and dropping the trans to take a look. I may be able to get a video later today... But if you guys have any insight on what's going on or where to look I would love to hear it! If you need any more info feel free to ask!

Thanks!
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
OP
OP
Veradian

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did you ever resolve this?
Yep! My throw out bearing essentially exploded and ruined the pressure plate and disc. Luckily the flywheel only had cosmetic damage, nothing on the actual friction surface. I had to replace the pressure plate and disc and I'm using Redline trans fluid. No clutch related problems now.
Also I think I posted pictures of it, if you want to see that you can check my post history! :thumbsup:

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yep! My throw out bearing essentially exploded and ruined the pressure plate and disc. Luckily the flywheel only had cosmetic damage, nothing on the actual friction surface. I had to replace the pressure plate and disc and I'm using Redline trans fluid. No clutch related problems now.
Also I think I posted pictures of it, if you want to see that you can check my post history! :thumbsup:
Thank you bro.
I have a fx350 and smf with the same exact problem
I got a new cmc today but if the problem persist atleast I have a pretty good idea of what's wrong
What cmc do you run?

OP
OP
Veradian

Veradian

First Name
Coleman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you bro.
I have a fx350 and smf with the same exact problem
I got a new cmc today but if the problem persist atleast I have a pretty good idea of what's wrong
What cmc do you run?
I use the Sirimoto, it was readily available and less expensive. If you have access to a borescope, you could potentially look in and try to see whats up.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I use the Sirimoto, it was readily available and less expensive. If you have access to a borescope, you could potentially look in and try to see whats up.
Yeah that's the one I got. Any issues with it?
And let's hope not ill post an update when I install the n1

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the FX350 as well and it lasted about 10k miles, never launched or at the track during any of those miles and had similar issues leading up to the clutch starting to slip and then completely failing a few days later.

I then upgraded to Eman's Type R retro setup along with his modified CMC, running the PRL SS clutch cable. I also now run AMS Synchromesh in the trans and have no issues any longer, love the feel now, it's amazing.

Not that it matters, but I was also on the Buddy Club shifter unit w/ all the Acuity parts the whole time.

Skate1530

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Country flag
I had the FX350 as well and it lasted about 10k miles, never launched or at the track during any of those miles and had similar issues leading up to the clutch starting to slip and then completely failing a few days later.

I then upgraded to Eman's Type R retro setup along with his modified CMC, running the PRL SS clutch cable. I also now run AMS Synchromesh in the trans and have no issues any longer, love the feel now, it's amazing.

Not that it matters, but I was also on the Buddy Club shifter unit w/ all the Acuity parts the whole time.
Explain your clutch failing please my car starts fine without clutch pressed it can row through every gear but 5th with or without clutch actuation it doesn’t die when clutch is released the dash doesn’t recognize it going into any gears but you can hear the mechanical noise from the shifter and trans bracket of it going into gear I had a friend change my trans fluid wondering if it could be a low fluid thing or clutch I’ve tried everything I can think of I purchased an act clutch but if I don’t need to use it I’d rather sale it btw there is no abnormal noises coming from any location
Sponsored