Sequential touring LED turn signal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Is this possible? I've searched but I haven't seen anybody even think about this. Kind of like Audi is doing with their new taillights, but with the headlight LED on the touring models.
Sponsored

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
Like Ford has done on the Mustang for a few years now also....

I feel like you can find something with a bit of googling, but I havent seen it that I remember.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
While I haven't taken apart the touring headlights, for the lights to work sequentially, each LEDiode would have to be on its own circuit, something I doubt Honda took the time to do.

Using a room with 10 LED lights in the ceiling as an analogy, the light switch turns all of them on, or off. In order to have each light come on independently you'd need to wire 10 switches for each light.

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
While I haven't taken apart the touring headlights, for the lights to work sequentially, each LEDiode would have to be on its own circuit, something I doubt Honda took the time to do.

Using a room with 10 LED lights in the ceiling as an analogy, the light switch turns all of them on, or off. In order to have each light come on independently you'd need to wire 10 switches for each light.
VW GTis (2018) have this on their rear signals. One solid orange strip, moves from inner to outer. So d*mn awesome.

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
Yup, VAG cars have been just killing it with lighting lately.

But the technicality behind is the same, it's just added circuitry, which = $$$.
Vag ?? Haha.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, VAG cars have been just killing it with lighting lately.

But the technicality behind is the same, it's just added circuitry, which = $$$.
VAG always nails the taillight game IMO. Audi lights have been some of the best for the better part of a decade.

Saw a new S4 with the sequential turn signals and nearly ran off the road... :love:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
VAG always nails the taillight game IMO. Audi lights have been some of the best for the better part of a decade.

Saw a new S4 with the sequential turn signals and nearly ran off the road... :love:
Yah their Matrix headlights are pretty damn cool too. I'm looking at replacing the Civic with a new Tiguan and the front cornering lights are pretty awesome as well.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yes! The new Audi sequential turn signals are a thing of beauty, so fluid and clean! I would be using my blinkers every chance I get if I had one.

bluebuury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Those look cool! Did you get a response yet?
I did, and they are asking for $650 for the pair of headlights. Unfortunately, they don't sell the sequential turn signal module. I've been considering just sticking a sequential LED strip in the turn signal housing.
Sponsored