Sequential gearbox on the Type R.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
The subject I'm sure it will be controversial for purist Honda 3 pedals fans, man up & listen!

But, what :

-If your car can reach quicker lap times & crazy quicker on a daily basis.

-Not suffer from gearbox issues at all.

-Not to be worry about clutch wears bad as other tuned manual cars, but less; like automatics.

Would you get a future version of the CTR with a sequential gearbox??

Reason for asking:
Honda motorsports will sell at some point its race car with a sequential & I doubt Honda wouldn't like to make one tranny to suit the Type R. Obviously has to be AMAZING for such a sacrilege.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sequential gearbox on the Type R. 2khryi
Sponsored

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had a quaife sequential gearbox on my 9th gen civic it was a bad ass tranny, I would not want it in my ctr though cause I don't plan on racing it constantly.

Last edited:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
The bottom line for me: SMG/DSG/Auto/CVT may very well be cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient . . . . and be more comfortable while stuck in traffic . . . . doesn't matter to me. 6MT all the way. I have owned a number of very powerful cars with an idiot box (sorry), and I was bored out of my mind after a couple of weeks. It's like conception via IVF vs. the traditional way; it's all about the fun.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
The bottom line for me: SMG/DSG/Auto/CVT may very well be cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient . . . . and be more comfortable while stuck in traffic . . . . doesn't matter to me. 6MT all the way. I have owned a number of very powerful cars with an idiot box (sorry), and I was bored out of my mind after a couple of weeks. It's like conception via IVF vs. the traditional way; it's all about the fun.
DSG are fun - I had one before, but if Honda can make one better & already tuned for the Type R, we will be talking about the greatest FWD period. Not just efficiency or comfort but raw, sharp & performance oriented. Like a FWD GT3 in budget.

I know I'm dreaming.:D

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The subject I'm sure it will be controversial for purist Honda 3 pedals fans, man up & listen!
I can man up enough to say I am not a good enough driver to make the difference between a sequential transmission and manual transmission worth it.

$200,000+ cars like Porsches and Ferraris or whatvewh can absorb the cost of such transmissions without blowing up their price point. It's a little harder on a sub $40,000 car.

I'm not worried about a $1500 clutch replacement every 5-10 years. I can afford those services for the rest of my life for just the difference in price between the two transmissions, not even including whatever service and reliability problems such exotic equipment brings with it.

I don't think anyone says manual transmissions are faster - who would? But for a $35,000 car a 6speed is just fine.
Sponsored