Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i think im having an issue where the bottom part of the canister is hitting the diffuser any tips on raising the exhaust??? @boosted180sx
hard to say how it should be adjusted when im not 100% sure where its contacting since i don have any first hand experience with the verus diffuser.

friend of mine had the sequence with his verus diffuser without any changes but he sold the car and no longer has it so i can try asking him but idk if he has any pics.

i grinded the tab sticking and used button bolts instead of a hex head to gain more clearance. Didnt want to chop and reweld the hanger rod to a diff location if i didnt need to.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 1659635391063

also messed around with the rubber hangers

Last edited:

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'll get back to you on that. Currently have on the PRL front pipe, OEM downpipe, and sequence exhaust. Getting the PRL HVDP (aka v2) installed in the next month, will record before/after sound clips.

Also an update on the soot issue, the rate at which the soot accumulates seems to have gone down dramatically. I only see build up on the actuator valve on the middle outlet pipe now, and none at the fittings. It seems like retorquing, and the minor leaks getting filled up with internal carbon deposits addressed this cosmetic issue!

Pic of the exhaust after another 600 (mostly spirited driving) miles:
1658858719265.png

If I were to do the install again, I would use some form of high temp copper sealant at the band clamp locations to avoid the initial carbon deposits in the first place. But if you don't, it's basically a non-issue after the break-in period.
Could I see where you placed the exhaust clamps? Seems like no matter where I place mine, I can never get rid of a slight leak

Also, for people that wants to delay the valve opening. I installed a manual boost controller and have it open at around 8-9 PSI. It's a little annoying to set the right PSI because you would have to keep stopping and adjusting till you find the right PSI you want it at but its not bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J6766A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Could I see where you placed the exhaust clamps? Seems like no matter where I place mine, I can never get rid of a slight leak

Also, for people that wants to delay the valve opening. I installed a manual boost controller and have it open at around 8-9 PSI. It's a little annoying to set the right PSI because you would have to keep stopping and adjusting till you find the right PSI you want it at but its not bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J6766A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for sharing. Is there something similar that can keep the valve open at lower boost? I wanna hear the cold start of the exhaust.

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Is there something similar that can keep the valve open at lower boost? I wanna hear the cold start of the exhaust.
Unfortunately, not. The valve used for the exhaust is set to 6-7 psi. Do you want it open at all times?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 26C79FA1-9849-4CD8-808A-128F46B411F1

I might be mistaken, but believe the boost open/close set pressure can be adjusted by loosening/tightening this screw bolt.

Would need to connect input air directly to the valve to help dial it in… or connect a boost leak tester and air compressor at the turbo inlet with the oil cap removed.

My valve begins to open at 4PSI

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
26C79FA1-9849-4CD8-808A-128F46B411F1.jpeg

I might be mistaken, but believe the boost open/close set pressure can be adjusted by loosening/tightening this screw bolt.

Would need to connect input air directly to the valve to help dial it in… or connect a boost leak tester and air compressor at the turbo inlet with the oil cap removed.

My valve begins to open at 4PSI
I tried tigthening and loosening that bolt to no avail. If you do loosen that bolt, you will just introduce a leak on the threads.

k3nosis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
anyone interested in purchasing a sequence exhaust? I might have one for sale if I can get a buyer? im getting flustered I can't run my verus diffuser.
Sent you a PM, interesting. Local to you as well!

k3nosis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Just got the exhaust installed yesterday (ty Autotuned) along with a PRL front pipe. Man this exhaust is a dream come true. Outside of boost, with this combo, it feels just a tiny bit deeper and more present than stock. When the valve is open during a pull, it definitely is way louder than stock. Doing a pull through an underpass it sounds menacing. In the cabin, it's tame even when the valve is open unless you're pulling hard. Windows up, you almost can't tell most of the time haha. Outside though is another story, it'll turn heads for sure.

This is OEM+ in the best possible way. Love it! Thanks boosted180sx for the exhaust. :)

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
Hey folks, sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having some issues with the exhaust hanger on the rear of the exhaust.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 302124494_641061194254072_8179636836839571727_
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 309344825_1945756465633092_4846697912339448886_n

The rubber clamp thing and rubber spacer between the metal band and the muffler fell off on me at the track. Now that I compare it to other pictures, I don't see this same setup at all on other cars. Did the shop I use botch the install?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this Link and compare the orientation of the hangers closely to yours.

Hard to tell 100% from your photos, but it looks like your shop may have done the same thing the shop that installed my exhaust did.

The hangers may be on backwards. Regardless the bolts shouldn’t have come loose, so maybe they weren’t tight enough or vibrated loose under hard driving.

Sorry to see that happen. Hopefully your exhaust didn’t get dragged hard enough to crack or wear through.

Should be able to reverse the hangers and bolt The clamp back together. Just make sure to add a softener between the hanger clamp and exhaust itself so the clamp doesn’t wear through the exhaust due to vibration.

Hey folks, sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having some issues with the exhaust hanger on the rear of the exhaust.
302124494_641061194254072_8179636836839571727_n.png
309344825_1945756465633092_4846697912339448886_n.jpg

The rubber clamp thing and rubber spacer between the metal band and the muffler fell off on me at the track. Now that I compare it to other pictures, I don't see this same setup at all on other cars. Did the shop I use botch the install?

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
Yeah it seems like it. As luck would have it, the exhaust doesn't drag on the ground even with that hanger completely dismantled like that. I drove 60 miles home before realizing half the muffler was dangling off!

Any tips about where to source another rubber softener/spacer (between the clamp and the muffler)? I messaged Sequence on FB and they said they don't sell the hanger separately.

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Any tips about where to source another rubber softener/spacer (between the clamp and the muffler)? I messaged Sequence on FB and they said they don't sell the hanger separately.
Pretty sure Sequence has Ticon produce the exhaust for them. My box shipped from Ticon. They offer 4.6" & 6" canister straps on their website. Measure yours and see if one of those fit. Let us know if so for future reference.
Sponsored