Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
That's what I am planning on doing. Any reason I can't hammer them off with the front pipe still on the car or am I going to need to remove it first?

BTW one of the posts earlier in this thread lists the replacement bolts as M12-1.25 but the nuts I have taken off are M10-1.25 so I am going to buy M10-1.25 bolts.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Finished up the install this morning. What a fantastically engineered exhaust this is! Really impressed with all of it. I have experience with a lot of different exhaust manufacturers for cars and sportbikes over the last 25+ years and this one is right at the top. Also, the sound is so clean and pure under boost with zero rasp or blat (stock front pipe). And off boost, the sound is really nice. I also disabled the fake sound so that helps, too.

Has anyone wired the valve open? I might try it out.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 3AF29F7F-0E2F-4BF3-B995-5C55C12408C0
For some reason, the passenger side exhaust pipe doesn’t seem to have anything passing through…

Haven’t tried troubleshooting yet, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what was the remedy?

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
For some reason, the passenger side exhaust pipe doesn’t seem to have anything passing through…
jjerror reported the same issue in post #559. I don't see a follow-up on it so you may want to inquire with him.

I just got a response from Joe @ TempestRacing and he said there was still no ETA on the 3" elbow and not to expect it anytime soon. He also said he wouldn't be producing a Ti front pipe. His reasoning was that with so many other options on the market, and they are all basically the same, it didn't make sense to produce it.

Last edited:

Buster340

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
@fatherpain, let us know what you find out. It'll be good to know if it comes up for others.
I just put about 1500 miles on my sequence (most in about 3 days of hard mountain road driving) and didn't see anything like that.
Of course, the center pipe saw alot of flow ?.
I am quite happy with the exhaust.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sent an email to Joe, no response yet. Skimmed this entire thread and it appears I’m the 3rd person to encounter this issue.

PM’d @jjerror waiting to see if his exhaust is still doing it.

@CincyTypeR also reported similar, though his suspected blocked side was the drivers. However it doesn’t appear he’s been back here for a year, so it’s likely he’s moved on.

If don’t hear back from Joe, likely will pull the exhaust and try to blow compressed air into the blocked pipe and see what happens.

@fatherpain, let us know what you find out. It'll be good to know if it comes up for others.
I just put about 1500 miles on my sequence (most in about 3 days of hard mountain road driving) and didn't see anything like that.
Of course, the center pipe saw alot of flow ?.
I am quite happy with the exhaust.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Sent an email to Joe, no response yet. Skimmed this entire thread and it appears I’m the 3rd person to encounter this issue.

PM’d @jjerror waiting to see if his exhaust is still doing it.

@CincyTypeR also reported similar, though his suspected blocked side was the drivers. However it doesn’t appear he’s been back here for a year, so it’s likely he’s moved on.

If don’t hear back from Joe, likely will pull the exhaust and try to blow compressed air into the blocked pipe and see what happens.
@fatherpain did you get this resolved? For a $3K+ exhaust (with tax and install), the manufacturer needs to address support inquiries.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, not yet. It’s an oddity that was also reported previously by another member.

Haven’t received a response from Joe…though I’m not sure whether he still uses the old email address I sent the inquiry to.

I’ve been super busy between work and family so the issue has been put on the back burner and haven’t invest

My plan is to pull the muffler and exhaust section and inspect from the inlet upstream, to see if there is anything obvious….

If it somehow got clogged on one side, soak in some kind of mild degreaser overnight then rinse off and reinstall when dry to see if that fixes the problem.

Dunno if the issue is related to the tune, but can’t see how that would be possible, unless the engine is putting out more carbon…

Suspect some kind of internal blockage, though there hasn’t been any degradation of performance that I can tell, nor unusual sounds or smells.

@fatherpain did you get this resolved? For a $3K+ exhaust (with tax and install), the manufacturer needs to address support inquiries.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
No, not yet. It’s an oddity that was also reported previously by another member.

Haven’t received a response from Joe…though I’m not sure whether he still uses the old email address I sent the inquiry to.

I’ve been super busy between work and family so the issue has been put on the back burner and haven’t invest

My plan is to pull the muffler and exhaust section and inspect from the inlet upstream, to see if there is anything obvious….

If it somehow got clogged on one side, soak in some kind of mild degreaser overnight then rinse off and reinstall when dry to see if that fixes the problem.

Dunno if the issue is related to the tune, but can’t see how that would be possible, unless the engine is putting out more carbon…

Suspect some kind of internal blockage, though there hasn’t been any degradation of performance that I can tell, nor unusual sounds or smells.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking at options with valved and controlled valve exhausts and almost all have issues. I was reading the Remus thread and a couple of people reported Bluetooth control unit stopped working and Remus not responding to their emails.

I may be able to get away with intake and downpipe to make the stock exhaust loud enough to hear RPM at the track. I'm also looking at dash units.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If we are able to attend an track day event or meet up on the same day, would provide an opportunity to check out the Sequence in person. Highly recommend it, even with this weird issue I’m experiencing.

Blazin

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR LE, '23 718 GT4RS
Country flag
Subscribed.....i plan to order this exhaust in the next month for my LE.
Thanks to all for sharing their experiences.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to follow up regarding the lack of response to my Sequence inquiry… checked my email and it appears I received a bounce back message the email addy I has was no longer valid. Figured it was something like that.. Will reach back out to Joe once I figure the proper channel to do so.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just to follow up regarding the lack of response to my Sequence inquiry… checked my email and it appears I received a bounce back message the email addy I has was no longer valid. Figured it was something like that.. Will reach back out to Joe once I figure the proper channel to do so.
Did you ever get a response? Thanks
Sponsored