Sensing technology on the R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
sensing is starting to creep into the danger territory for those who track their cars. For those who have yet to get on track, understand that emergency braking could become a deadly situation very quick.
At best this is overly dramatic. Anyone who has ever been to a track day with amateur drivers has seen numerous incidents of ill-timed and inappropriate braking all done by a sensing system that cannot be banned...the human brain.

Even if a driver were to leave a sensing system on, if the system ever assisted braking it would do so in a consistent and logical manner that would be easily understood by following drivers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Read the update on this story, it was a premature decision. "Now the BMWCCA chapter that started the debate is officially reversing its decision to ban some new BMWs."

Maybe I'm crazy, but traction control was certainly disabled as long as my TPMS sensors were working. When I had my old 9th Si, it would have cut power every time I pressed the gas if it wasn't disabled. With it off I could spin forever and it wouldn't do a single thing.
Interesting update. Traction control was disabled, yes. Stability was not. Both work on the ABS system/sensors and YAW.

At best this is overly dramatic. Anyone who has ever been to a track day with amateur drivers has seen numerous incidents of ill-timed and inappropriate braking all done by a sensing system that cannot be banned...the human brain.

Even if a driver were to leave a sensing system on, if the system ever assisted braking it would do so in a consistent and logical manner that would be easily understood by following drivers.
Fixing the nut behind the wheel will forever be a battle for those who get on the track. Computer aided braking is nothing something that can be fixed, if it can not be fully disabled.