jeffreymartin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I haven't forgotten to turn off the collision mitigating braking while autocrossing. YET. However, I was curious if anyone has? Would a cone set it off? Also, every time I autocross mine (stock) the gas door pops open during my run. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
I've never turned CMBS off for autocross, though I do turn off traction control. The system has never popped up the "BRAKE" indicator, nor hit the brakes during any of my admittedly somewhat limited number of autocross runs (74 so far).

I've never had my gas door pop open, ever.

As an aside, I learned that you REALLY need to turn CMBS off when driving on tight , curvy mountain roads - the first time I was spiritedly driving on one, the road made a hard curve left with a wall straight on. The car didn't care that the road was going to turn left.... it just saw an incoming wall and slammed on the brakes. Scared the crap outta me, and I was glad no one was behind me..

Sorry, it might not be the answers you were looking for, but it's all I've got.

-bob

OP
OP
jeffreymartin

jeffreymartin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am not sure I can complain to Honda that "every time I race my car the gas door comes open"

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I assume you're pushing the gas door in to close it until clicks? should be locked and flush with the rest of the quarter panel.

OP
OP
jeffreymartin

jeffreymartin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep. Locked the start line. open after I finish a run. Perhaps I'll try locking the doors and see if it still opens.

PMM 17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep. Locked the start line. open after I finish a run. Perhaps I'll try locking the doors and see if it still opens.
There should be a little hook that latches the fuel door closed when the car doors are locked. My car auto locks the doors once I'm going 10+ mph and I've never had the fuel door open while driving.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I've never had the fuel door open either during autocross or track time. I've done two track days and hundreds of autoX runs. As far as CMBS, if you run in +R with VSA fully off (which you should) CMBS is automatically disabled. It cannot function without TC being on.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I have trouble with the fuel filler door; After track use or drifting around roundabouts it'll pop open - Sign of a good drive!

It doesn't pop open with the doors locked.

Funnily enough, If you watch the advert closely you can see they had the same problem on the nurburgring!

Sponsored