SEMA 2016 Honda Civics (Part 1 of 2): Meguiar's, Seibon Carbon, MAD Industries, aLL STaR Performance

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The guys at the Seibon booth mentioned it is just a prototype for now but expect something very similar to be available.

Exactly. If I didn't get the Sport Touring Hatchback, which includes the Aero Kit this would definitely be my pick.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That white sedan gets my vote! minus a few details like that rear bumper...

i'm really surprised at how little info we have on the R/Si still...
Love the sedan! Funny to see so many automatics, but I suppose that is all that was available when the builds started.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The Civic R? I expect it will be at all of the shows.
I hope it makes it to the Philly Auto Show in Jan/Feb 2017. I almost always make it to that show, but the NYAS is a little harder for me to reach...

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Funny to see so many automatics, but I suppose that is all that was available when the builds started.
Looks like almost all the tuners used Touring models too, most likely for the LED headlights. I guess these are mostly just show cars, after all.

Would have been nice to see a K20 6MT build though. And an LED headlight swap onto a non-Touring model.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
I really hadn't paid any attention to the Meguiars build, but these live pictures drew my attention. That front end is sexy, with the subtle carbon hood, gloss black grille and LED headlights on the Modern Steel. And the interior is super classy with that nice red suede, particularly on the door panels. A nice pop of color without being overdone. Very clean build.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought the Seibon car was a Hatchback!

I like the All Star car best. I'd add the oem wing on it though.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
@JYR nice pics! So tell us honestly, no BS, what did you think of the Type R in person? I know it's a prototype, but would loved to have seen it in person to get a real feel for it. So you seeing it is the next best thing..lol

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I'll take the Yellow All Star body kit and paint job in a sedan with the Meguiars smoked trim and the wheels from the MAD industries car. That Seibon car is just god awful ricey, no thanks on the whole package.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
@JYR nice pics! So tell us honestly, no BS, what did you think of the Type R in person? I know it's a prototype, but would loved to have seen it in person to get a real feel for it. So you seeing it is the next best thing..lol
@Eddie The car is awesome. I think the car is on an entire new level of performance for Honda and I think there is probably a lot under the skin that relates to the NSX.
i.e. brake assist steering, driver modes, adaptive suspension, etc.

Visually:
-The aero on the car is very obnoxious. To the enthusiast who understands what it is there for, it will scream function. If you pull up to the grocery store with this car, you will get strange looks.
-You can tell the car is very 'race car for the road' and I expect Honda will continue to market it as such.
-The interior is much larger than I expected, as is the car.
-There is lots of carbon on the prototype. While I would love carbon, I expect this will become FRP.
-The brakes are huge.

Outside of visual cues, there are still a lot of unknowns, as mentioned. It has been stated by Honda that this is an entirely new car, so I am anticipating big things. I will own the caR at some point, but probably not as my only car, and I won't be buying one as soon as they are available.
Sponsored