First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hello everyone,
I am departing from my baby car. Due to the COVID-19 I had to make a lot of adjustment in my life and she is the last to go on my list. I hate to say it and I hate to let her go but its the cycle of life. This girl is heavy modded in my opinion. The list of Mod are listed below.
- Siri Moto front Stuct bar
- PRL Intercooler
- PRL front/down pipe
- PRL cobra Intake
- Greddy Exhaust
- 19inch wheels
- Ktuner Flex Fuel
- Ktuner (with Custom Tune)
- Seibon Carbon fiber trunk
- Acuity Short shifter
- W1 Big Turbo
I did have a long commute to work and that’s the only job I could’ve find but shit life moves on! The miles is 29192
The price I am asking for is $28g
I really do need to get rid of her due to money issue in my private life. Hahaha
Thank you to whoever reads this post and I will post Pictures of her soon! Just wanted to post it first!
Sponsored

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Sorry to hear this brother. Good luck with the sell. Maybe think about selling all the aftermarket parts first, if you still have stock replacements. That would put lots of cash in your pocket fast and then sell the car bone stock. Just a thought bro.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Sorry to hear this brother. Good luck with the sell. Maybe think about selling all the aftermarket parts first, if you still have stock replacements. That would put lots of cash in your pocket fast and then sell the car bone stock. Just a thought bro.
Yeah, modded cars don't typically fetch the asking price of base price + mods. A 2-3 year old Si with 30k miles will be a hard sell for that price but definitely good luck.

OP
OP

whyymee

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I don’t have any stocked parts hahaha

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drop your price, maybe, oh, at least 8k and you might have some nibbles. People on car specific message boards are generally cheap and will only buy if it's a good deal. So, your buyer probably won't come from civicx.com. Definitely try to sell the ktuner and any other non-stock parts you can replace. Sorry to hear about your situation. And good luck!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know that car is precious to you and heavily modded, but NO ONE will pay $28K for a 2018 Si with 30,000 miles on it. Matter of fact, that's considerably more money than what a dealer charges for a brand new 2020 Si with 0 miles on it.

As others have said, try to sell what parts you can and check Kelly Blue book to get a better idea of pricing.

Having said that, sorry you're forced to sell a car you invested so much time, $$$ and love into.

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
I agree with the above... aftermarket parts usually detract from a car's value rather than add to it, since many people see them as a red flag that the car has been raced or abused. I think you'll need to come down on the price to get it sold.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I know that car is precious to you and heavily modded, but NO ONE will pay $28K for a 2018 Si with 30,000 miles on it. Matter of fact, that's considerably more money than what a dealer charges for a brand new 2020 Si with 0 miles on it.

As others have said, try to sell what parts you can and check Kelly Blue book to get a better idea of pricing.

Having said that, sorry you're forced to sell a car you invested so much time, $$$ and love into.
For context, in Los Angeles County which is stupid expensive, I paid $29,500 after fees and everything for my 2020 Si Sedan.

Sell the mods, then sell the car or come down on that price about 8-11k.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I agree with the above... aftermarket parts usually detract from a car's value rather than add to it, since many people see them as a red flag that the car has been raced or abused.
Agreed, but I think there's more to it. For some car aficionados who dream of extensive mods like those on OP's car, I think having all of the work done pre-purchase can actually be a major turn-off.

Modding is often a very personal experience. In part, it's about having a vision for the car, and figuring out how to turn that dream into reality. It's as much about the process as it is about the end result. People who want a car modded to this sort of degree typically want to do it themselves. Not necessarily the installation itself (though that's certainly sometimes true as well), but carefully selecting the upgrades and the right methods/mechanics to install them.

To OP: I'd say it's worth picking up some stock parts in order to resell the more valuable mods, e.g. the cost difference between a stock trunk and the Seibon is probably significant. Yeah, it's a hassle. But at least this way, you're likely to recoup more of your investment.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Trade you the acuity shifter for OEM ?
To the OP, you should entertain offers like this ^^

As everyone mentioned, best bet would be to sell the mods and come down on asking price. Anyone can pick up a 2018 Si with 30k miles for $18-20k in private party sale.
Sponsored