• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Selling my 2019 Rallye Red

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Just under 9000 miles. Mint condition. All stock.

New Carbotech 1521 pads (F/R) - currently wearing XP12/XP10 pads
Castrol SRF fluid
New(ish) front rotors
New Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (F/R)
Camber pins removed - track alignment.

Asking: $31,995

Title in hand.

No trades.

Located in Raleigh.

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20190515_200751

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20190515_200759

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20190515_200812

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20190516_112446

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20191017_070723

Last edited:
OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Not trying to be negative, and I wish you luck on your sale but that range may be somewhat of a longshot.
It might be.

If so, I will adjust accordingly, or simply keep on enjoying it.

I paid cash for it and am in no hurry to sell it.

Cars usually get low-balled on their specific car forums because everyone thinks they are a valuation expert. Same thing on the Corvette forum.

What do you think the car is worth?

I've read here of people trading them in for low $30k-range...

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I think 32-34 depending should be good. Nicer pads/ fluid and tires sadly don’t go far with most buyers.
Nice car

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just input, and different parts of the nation drive price - but I bought my 2019 new for 35,750 in December 2019 so I don't know if you will see that high side if new can be had for less in most cases. Not sure how the whole corona thing works in your favor or not.

Good luck with your sale regardless but I'd drop it to like 35250 and see if you can walk with 34750 if it were me. Car looks great :)

OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Thanks for the advice folks.

I'd probably sell it at that suggested range.

Not sure I'd go down to the $32k range just just yet though, but perhaps eventually....

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the advice folks.

I'd probably sell it at that suggested range.

Not sure I'd go down to the $32k range just just yet though, but perhaps eventually....

Good Luck with selling,

For what it's worth, I recently bought my brand new CTR back in January for MSRP 37,230 Plus TTL.

Keep in mind the buyer will have to pay tax when they register this. However, I think you can get what you are asking for :)

OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It's important to look at your market and put yourself not in the shoes of an emotionally invested seller, but an uninvested, objective buyer.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Honda/Civic/Cary+NC-27513?makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=100&modelCodeList=CIVIC&zip=27513&marketExtension=include&trimCodeList=CIVIC|Type R&isNewSearch=true&sortBy=relevance&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0

Why should I buy your 9k mile 2019 car instead of that $33k 2018 with 9k miles on Carvana? Is the volume knob worth $2000+? What makes your car so much more special? The only thing I can see that you have going for you is the color; I don't see any other red cars on this list.

Plus, you have to remember, people want to pay LESS private party than they would at a dealer.

As my friends in the car business say: "if KBB is offering you $4000 more, go sell it to KBB"
My selling price will hopefully fall in the $34k - $35k.

As mentioned, I will adjust downward if needed.

There were other changes than the addition of a volume knob between model years, and depreciation is a factor in value.

OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I own #27000, a 2019, myself so I know all too well. I'm just trying to help you adjust your expectations because the #1 thing I see on enthusiast forums is sellers overvalue and buyers undervalue.

I wish you all the best of luck and won't comment any further :)
I understand & appreciate your feedback.

Perhaps $32k - $34k is where the selling price will fall.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Auction prices 30~32 for white.

I expect red sells for less.

Source : Manheim

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GLWS. I think you can get $33.5K to $34K for it. It's still low miles and looks pretty spotless on the exterior.

Mind if I ask why you're selling?

OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
GLWS. I think you can get $33.5K to $34K for it. It's still low miles and looks pretty spotless on the exterior.

Mind if I ask why you're selling?
Thanks for the advice & compliment!

I am finally getting my 2018 Z06 Z07 back after an off at VIR.

I got the Type-R so I wouldn't miss the 2019 instructing season while it was being repaired.

Honda Civic 10th gen Selling my 2019 Rallye Red 20180317_191934

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Looks to be a very nice car. I wanted to just provide you with a few more data point based on my impressions. I'm a serious buyer and I've been shopping (only) 2019's hard (considering both new & low mileage pre-owned cars) for the past 2 months. I'm shopping nationally. The largest supply of available cars with generally lower prices that I'm finding are located on the East Coast. There are exceptions of course. I'm generally seeing availability of larger numbers of red, black and white cars with lower pricing. SGP cars seem to be somewhat rarer and are commanding a slightly higher price, which makes sense given Honda only began offering the color in 2019. Again, there are always exceptions. I'm just starting to see some really good values on the market (in the $32-33k range) on cars with very low mileage (ie, less than 2K miles). I expect a continuing trend of lowering 2019 values (and shifting to more of a buyers rather than a sellers market, as it has been during the past 3 years of Type R production). This trend I believe is primarily based on 2 key circumstances, 1) Corona virus extensive job loss and economic recovery timing, 2) the new 2020's have officially hit dealers and many who had planned to purchase new, will have to defer or cancel purchases altogether. This will likely have the effect of putting more pressure on dealers on 2020's to be more realistic in their pricing (ie, read msrp or less) in order just to generate desperately needed cash flow. In turn, 2019 valuations will take an even bigger hit in values (on a percentage basis) I believe, as dealers need to also work off remaining 2019 CTR inventory.. Bottom line, higher supply and lower demand doesn't bode well for values across the board. I realize the factory in the UK is closed, so no new CTR's are being produced at this point. But the virus's real economic impact has yet to play out fully and will likely get worse before it gets better, stagnating car sales. I wish I could be more optimistic for you as a seller, but I think the trend in car values (especially for specialty cars) for sellers at least in the short term and possibly even the long term (1 year) is not good. I do sincerely wish you all the best, all it takes is finding that one special buyer!
Sponsored