Selling a flashpro when you're done with it

aomr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Sorry if this is a stupid post. Am brand new to modding.

Let's say I buy a flashpro, tune my car, take it out and resell it. Are there any reasons not to do that? I know that would be a problem If I wanted to do change my tune, but other than that is it okay? Thanks
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you're selling your car, unless you're selling it to someone who wants the tune, you'd always want to remove the tune and revert to stock. At that point, once the Flashpro is unlocked from your ECU, you can sell the unit.

OP
OP

aomr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're selling your car, unless you're selling it to someone who wants the tune, you'd always want to remove the tune and revert to stock. At that point, once the Flashpro is unlocked from your ECU, you can sell the unit.
Hm. Could I just buy another flashpro and remove the tune with that if I decide to sell my car down the line? But yeah I didn't think about that.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hm. Could I just buy another flashpro and remove the tune with that if I decide to sell my car down the line? But yeah I didn't think about that.
If you tune your car with a Flashpro it's locked to that car. So you could sell it but then whoever gets it wouldn't be able to use it, and you would be stuck with a tune on your car forever. In order to resell it you have to remove the tune off of your car first, and unlock the Flashpro from your car. It will not let you remove the lock from your car without first setting it back to stock. Also as a side note, personally having used both, I would recommend KTuner over Flashpro. I had a lot of issues with Flashpro causing misfires on both my cars. That's just my 2 cents

OP
OP

aomr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you tune your car with a Flashpro it's locked to that car. So you could sell it but then whoever gets it wouldn't be able to use it, and you would be stuck with a tune on your car forever. In order to resell it you have to remove the tune off of your car first, and unlock the Flashpro from your car. It will not let you remove the lock from your car without first setting it back to stock. Also as a side note, personally having used both, I would recommend KTuner over Flashpro. I had a lot of issues with Flashpro causing misfires on both my cars. That's just my 2 cents
You can’t unlock it without removing the tune. Oh. Welp that explains why nobody does this lol. Smh thanks for the help
Sponsored