junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
I had a great time owning the Civic Type R, however the vehicle was released a little too late at my age. I got a pretty good offer for $35K stock, but wanted $37K including Honda Access accessories. The car has less than 10K miles.

I've decided to go electric. When checking online, I only found about 22 CW listings throughout the US. Some people online blasted me saying I asked too much despite the used cars in the market mostly being black and red. A lot of the negative comments came from non-R owners whom didn't really go through the process of searching and owning one. My bad to post in the DC/EG threads. Angry!

What do you guys think?

*PS - I've decided to go electric as a cost savings and it works better with my work lifestyle. I'm definitely going to get that new Honda e car.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
35k offer with 10k miles? I would take that offer in a heartbeat. Accessories don't add much value to the car. Ask yourself, if a brand new CTR is 37k, would you pay 35k for a used model? You can buy them for less than MSRP without much effort right now.

Honda E isn't coming to the US market, so no point contemplating that idea.

If you're set on electric, Tesla is way ahead of all their electric competitors IMO.

Electric isn't cost effective unless you're shopping for an equivalent gas car that's roughly 40k or more. If you want to save money, get a used Prius.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
You're a few thousand dollars over the right price. I can get your exact car (used with ~10k miles) at Carvana, which comes with guaranteed money back for 7 days after the sale. Asking price, 33.3k - https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1340080

You'd need to beat that price by about 1k for me to consider, if I were in the market anyway...Good luck mate

Edit: here's another with 10k miles for 35k, so your asking price is close, but still high considering private sale vs Carvana/CarMax - https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1365924

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I have to agree with @ayau on this. If you are worried about saving money the Prius is the way to go, or just a hybrid for that matter. They average 55mpg. Plus you don’t have to worry about running out of energy because it’s charging as you drive. We owned one for about three years and just couldn’t believe how well built that thing was and the mileage it gave. Now if you really have your heart set on electric then I would also go with the Tesla. Looks and performance it can’t be beat for the price. The only advantage I see going straight electric is you never have to worry about changing oil again lol. I do like them trust me, and I’m sure in the future I will have one to. But I’m just waiting till charging ports are as common as gas stations. But as far as selling your type R. Yes I would sell it now. The more you hold on to it, the more the value goes down. Plus if the next generation comes out and is way better then that one then the demand will go down for your model. Sell it now while demand is high for that model.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
You're crazy not taking that deal and running.

I bought my 2019 brand new for 35750 - call that guy back lol.

P.S. On the Tesla front - your ROI is horrid on those - look at the used market to see how much you lose if you ever want to get out of one.

omalleyman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep, I bought a brand new CW in the fall about that. Dealer up the street has a CW that's been sitting there for months. I'd take $35k in a heartbeat.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Aw man sorry to see you go. The Insight is a super nice car if you wanna go that route and I think the Clarity is pretty cool too although not exactly my cup of tea

Deleted member 31314

is this legit? I think most of us IF we were selling would jump on that price....

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
The guy backed out and I told him to buy a black or red one instead for $31-32. Oh well..

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep, as already pointed out, that cool little Honda electric car is not coming to North America. It's too bad. That thing would've been great for me for daily life.

Hell, even if it had a maximum range of 85 miles (135km), I'd be all over it. I never drive that much in a day, unless going out of town. And for that, there are other options.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder what the people who paid $60k+ for one are thinking now?
Probably no ragrets after 2.5 years of fun driving it on the street/track/canyon, assuming it's not a garage queen. To some, money isn't the be-all and end-all of life. It just buys convenience and instant gratification. Was it wise to overpay? No. Was it worth the 2.5 years of fun? I bet. It don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Just enjoy the here and now. It's all cool.

kevthebean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
I just sold my 19 SGP for 33k with 11k miles. Caravana offered 31k while CarMax offered 30k. I was asking 35k when listed and everyone just kept lowballing. But good luck with your next adventure!
Sponsored