junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
First of all I think you are in the right price range for selling the CTR at those prices here in Socal. It's the Socal markup and there's still people that would rather buy used than the dealer price. I shopped used ones last year summer and the going rate for type R's used under 10k miles was about $35k to $37k. That's why I ended up just buying new. By the way I just spoke with a couple local dealers and they are asking over $50k on their 2020s so this should help your resale value.
As for the TRD Pro I feel they are overrated for what they are. Socal also has a ridiculous markup on those about $10-15k. I suggest getting a TRD 4X4 OFFROAD with the tech package. Has all the bells and whistles minus the markup. I have better than a pro with all my accessories and the money I saved was able to put what I wanted into it.
Some people buy the TRD pros at markup and end up doing all these upgrades while swapping out the TRD pro parts which is just plain silly.

20200329_071657.jpg

20191109_171049.jpg
Nice truck! You have the luxury of keeping both vehicles. I can't have that many cars in my garage. As you know, registration and insurance add up on multiple cars. I'll look into the non-TRD versions.
Sponsored

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
People absolutely paid that in the summer of 2017 when it was brand new.
Absolutely no way did some one pay over $60k in 2017. Do you know any first hand accounts? Sure, dealers probably asked for that, doesn’t mean they got it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Absolutely no way did some one pay over $60k in 2017. Do you know any first hand accounts? Sure, dealers probably asked for that, doesn’t mean they got it.
There were mentions of peopling buying at that price unfortunately. As hype died down prices eventually dropped to the 40-45k region in 2018. 2019 saw MSRP then below when word of 2020 changes coming along. Now 2020's are also getting the upringing into 2018 prices (40-45k, though it's probably gone up 2k since then). I think when I first started on these forums people where posting 3rd parties trying to sell used ones for 45-50k (they knew what they had, no low balls).

Also keep in mind that a lot of times, if you do see a dealership selling at that price, it's because they can probably fetch around that much for it. They might knock a few grand off to be nice.

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 Type R Aegean Blue
Country flag
I got an absolute steal of a deal on my fk8... bought it with less than 10k miles for 23k€. Normal prices are around 30k here

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
There were mentions of peopling buying at that price unfortunately. As hype died down prices eventually dropped to the 40-45k region in 2018. 2019 saw MSRP then below when word of 2020 changes coming along. Now 2020's are also getting the upringing into 2018 prices (40-45k, though it's probably gone up 2k since then). I think when I first started on these forums people where posting 3rd parties trying to sell used ones for 45-50k (they knew what they had, no low balls).

Also keep in mind that a lot of times, if you do see a dealership selling at that price, it's because they can probably fetch around that much for it. They might knock a few grand off to be nice.
actually before I purchased my car I asked an acquaintance for a test drive. I even offered $50 to drive it. He paid $55K back in 2017 for an Aegean colored type r. I spent the next two years searching for one at msrp. I contacted almost 20 dealers in Southern California and visited 5 dealerships, some twice begging for msrp. My only luck was a red one out of state. On the last night I was about to give up on a rainy day, I found a demo at msrp. I bought that and came the next day. Met a cop who bought a 2019 the same morning. When I said some people paying over $10K for this car, he just swallowed his pride. I think he definitely paid $5k or more in adm but he didn’t care making the big cop bucks.

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 Type R Aegean Blue
Country flag
actually before I purchased my car I asked an acquaintance for a test drive. I even offered $50 to drive it. He paid $55K back in 2017 for an Aegean colored type r. I spent the next two years searching for one at msrp. I contacted almost 20 dealers in Southern California and visited 5 dealerships, some twice begging for msrp. My only luck was a red one out of state. On the last night I was about to give up on a rainy day, I found a demo at msrp. I bought that and came the next day. Met a cop who bought a 2019 the same morning. When I said some people paying over $10K for this car, he just swallowed his pride. I think he definitely paid $5k or more in adm but he didn’t care making the big cop bucks.
Thats something we don't understand in the EU. We go to a dealer and a Type R GT costs 40k over here. We almost never pay full price. We get atleast 2-3k discount. Even if you have to wait 2-3 months for delivery. On regular cars you can get stock discounts op to 10K.

In my country atleast the dealer is not allowed to sell over msrp.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag

Really good points but just wow, on those initial prices. I didn’t think people would bite at over $60k. It’s insanity...an insurance company sure wouldn’t pay that if it was totaled. Reading this, I feel lucky getting a 2018 for $2k over.
As for 2020s in today’s market, I really can’t see an increase regardless of the new changes based on the economy being in ruins now & in the near future.
If I was a buyer, I would use that as a bargaining chip to get sticker or below.

The CTR has been out for 4 years now-many who wanted one badly have one now so I think their just gonna sit....just a hunch

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Really good points but just wow, on those initial prices. I didn’t think people would bite at over $60k. It’s insanity...an insurance company sure wouldn’t pay that if it was totaled. Reading this, I feel lucky getting a 2018 for $2k over.
As for 2020s in today’s market, I really can’t see an increase regardless of the new changes based on the economy being in ruins now & in the near future.
If I was a buyer, I would use that as a bargaining chip to get sticker or below.

The CTR has been out for 4 years now-many who wanted one badly have one now so I think their just gonna sit....just a hunch
Yeah, but the 2020 is a new upgraded package overall which is why the prices went back up. Granted it might not stay up there that long.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New or used, buying at MSRP, or, a bit more or less, anyone of us who end up with an FK8 should cherish the experience. Keep it or sell it, at least the experience of driving a SLICK SHORT SHIFTING manual tranny (truly a dying art in NA), for me, is extremely gratifying, plus it may be the last induction Type R . These are moments to be remembered for posterity.
Everytime I drive my base '15 GK Fit LX manual , it remains a joy. The incoming CTR will be steroids on a totally upgraded level. My R8 goes faster but it's a gentleman's supercar. This R is the pocket rocket to replace the '98 Integra Type R my #3 son wrecked after two years which I have missed for more than a decade.
Being a senior, this may be my last new fully gas fed vehicle purchased. I have full intentions of keeping it and when the heavens (or hell) call for me, my 4 sons can decide who will inherit it!!! LOL!!!
Enjoy the moment!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: