BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I just sold my 19 SGP for 33k with 11k miles. Caravana offered 31k while CarMax offered 30k. I was asking 35k when listed and everyone just kept lowballing. But good luck with your next adventure!
That’s solid $ for a dealer (saw your other post). Good example of how the market varies by area/region.
Sponsored

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
I had a great time owning the Civic Type R, however the vehicle was released a little too late at my age. I got a pretty good offer for $35K stock, but wanted $37K including Honda Access accessories. The car has less than 10K miles.

I've decided to go electric. When checking online, I only found about 22 CW listings throughout the US. Some people online blasted me saying I asked too much despite the used cars in the market mostly being black and red. A lot of the negative comments came from non-R owners whom didn't really go through the process of searching and owning one. My bad to post in the DC/EG threads. Angry!

What do you guys think?

*PS - I've decided to go electric as a cost savings and it works better with my work lifestyle. I'm definitely going to get that new Honda e car.
i would say yes. The car hasn’t depreciated so take advantage of it. Electric or hybrid electric will make our car look antiquated. I’m eyeing the Mach E Mustang as my next vehicle

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
I guess low 30s is what is expected but I haven’t put much mileage on the car. For that price I will drive it more. It seems there will a flood of 2021 CTR and it has more options. Not sure about the ADM in my region but guaranteed the limited will be in the mid-50s to 60 range.

I think the Type R seats are not comfortable for me so if I change to Si seats I might enjoy the car more plus switching to 18” wheels

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
Thanks for the input. I've decided to keep the car and put more mileage on it to enjoy since I've been making payments on it since January. Knowing people are scrambling to buy the 2020 CTR for MSRP but keep encountering ADMs and required accessories purchases makes me feel good. I think I just hated the car seats. I lost some weight so they are starting to feel more comfortable. Thanks guys. Going to look into buying a few more 2020 accessories to the car.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I just sold my 19 SGP for 33k with 11k miles. Caravana offered 31k while CarMax offered 30k. I was asking 35k when listed and everyone just kept lowballing. But good luck with your next adventure!
Did you sell to a Honda dealer?

I’m looking to sell my 2018 with 40k miles. Carvana and vroom are not buying cars at the moment. Thanks

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
idragmazda said:

I’m looking to sell my 2018 with 40k miles. Carvana and vroom are not buying cars at the moment. Thanks
Try Shift.com they treated me very well when selling my 2018 sport hatch. PM me if you want a referral code for an extra $100 (for both of us).

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag

I got an an offer from one of those apps. which was on par with some private buyers but guaranteed. I haven't sold yet. I still get offers online but hey... priorities. Just like priorities to buy a new set of rims at this time? Really? Maybe when things get better I plan to sell this car plus my Nissan and get a Tacoma truck. My view of vehicles is different now. I don't think anyone is buying cars unless they have cash in hand or a telecommuter job.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I got an an offer from one of those apps. which was on par with some private buyers but guaranteed. I haven't sold yet. I still get offers online but hey... priorities. Just like priorities to buy a new set of rims at this time? Really? Maybe when things get better I plan to sell this car plus my Nissan and get a Tacoma truck. My view of vehicles is different now. I don't think anyone is buying cars unless they have cash in hand or a telecommuter job.
Little off topic but maybe it will save you some trouble in the future. Rethink the Tacoma idea unless you've already driven one and liked it. If you haven't, make sure you take it up to 70-75mph and up some hills even if they aren't steep. Besides the fact that it has a Camry engine and runs in 3rd-4th gear on the highway in a headwind just to keep speed while pulling 16mpg........... I've met 2 other people besides myself that had an un-fixable shake in their new truck and ended up dumping it at a loss. After 3 sets of tires, 7 balances and 4 alignments my truck still shook at 60mph or higher. Still have videos of the steering wheel flapping back and fourth. It would walk me all over the highway and gave me motion sickness. My wife's co-worker went through the same thing and I met a guy on my Silverado forums that went through it.

Just had to toss all that in there when I saw you said Tacoma lol.

OP
OP
junktea1

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
Little off topic but maybe it will save you some trouble in the future. Rethink the Tacoma idea unless you've already driven one and liked it. If you haven't, make sure you take it up to 70-75mph and up some hills even if they aren't steep. Besides the fact that it has a Camry engine and runs in 3rd-4th gear on the highway in a headwind just to keep speed while pulling 16mpg........... I've met 2 other people besides myself that had an un-fixable shake in their new truck and ended up dumping it at a loss. After 3 sets of tires, 7 balances and 4 alignments my truck still shook at 60mph or higher. Still have videos of the steering wheel flapping back and fourth. It would walk me all over the highway and gave me motion sickness. My wife's co-worker went through the same thing and I met a guy on my Silverado forums that went through it.

Just had to toss all that in there when I saw you said Tacoma lol.
I was thinking of the TRD Tacoma Pro. Any thoughts on that truck? I feel like we are in war time. Need something tough. Gas mileage goes out the door. LOL

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was thinking of the TRD Tacoma Pro. Any thoughts on that truck? I feel like we are in war time. Need something tough. Gas mileage goes out the door. LOL
I’m going to assume your are joking...

Anyway, I recently shopped the Taco’s and if you want to pay a bunch extra for factory supplies suspension mods and appearance elements, then get the TRD. Toyota markets the TRD like Honda does with the CTR. So, while you can get invoice (with some shopping) on a double cab, off road, it’s pretty much MSRP for a TRD which makes the price delta significant. I’ve come very close to buying a Taco twice in the past 12 months but my experience is a couple of months old.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First of all I think you are in the right price range for selling the CTR at those prices here in Socal. It's the Socal markup and there's still people that would rather buy used than the dealer price. I shopped used ones last year summer and the going rate for type R's used under 10k miles was about $35k to $37k. That's why I ended up just buying new. By the way I just spoke with a couple local dealers and they are asking over $50k on their 2020s so this should help your resale value.
As for the TRD Pro I feel they are overrated for what they are. Socal also has a ridiculous markup on those about $10-15k. I suggest getting a TRD 4X4 OFFROAD with the tech package. Has all the bells and whistles minus the markup. I have better than a pro with all my accessories and the money I saved was able to put what I wanted into it.
Some people buy the TRD pros at markup and end up doing all these upgrades while swapping out the TRD pro parts which is just plain silly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sell now or in 2021? 20200329_071657

Honda Civic 10th gen Sell now or in 2021? 20191109_171049

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
I think you should consider trading the Type R in for Tacoma as it is a very good trade in and will help with the Tacoma markups.

Also car depreciates over time so it's better to sell early than late and with 2020 showing up on the lot soon, older models will take a hit in price.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you should consider trading the Type R in for Tacoma as it is a very good trade in and will help with the Tacoma markups.

Also car depreciates over time so it's better to sell early than late and with 2020 showing up on the lot soon, older models will take a hit in price.
Trade if you are getting fair value and a tax benefit.

Pay invoice for a Tacoma - except for the TRD Pro...

Whatever you trade for will also depreciate...
Sponsored