Seibon TS carbon hood wont latch, please HELP.

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
So, as the title states. New Seibon hood came in, went to install and the darn hood wont latch. I got the body lines so close to perfect, gaps were pretty solid on the sides, it looked great. when to latch it and it wont latch. It obviously go into the first click, but will not latch down on that second click. Anyone have Ideas on how to fix it? I tried loosening the bolts thinking maybe it was just off. That didn't help, so I measured the eye hole of both hoods and the Seibon one is just the tiniest bit taller. Any Ideas? I've tried to push it down pretty hard and it still wont latch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Try raising the latch mechanism.
Is that a thing? That is 100% what I need to do. Had to take the bumper support off to get the hood pins installed and it latches now that the bumper is soft and flexible. Do you know if there is a tutorial on raising the latch mechanism?

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is that a thing? That is 100% what I need to do. Had to take the bumper support off to get the hood pins installed and it latches now that the bumper is soft and flexible. Do you know if there is a tutorial on raising the latch mechanism?
Here you go:

Honda Civic 10th gen Seibon TS carbon hood wont latch, please HELP. 1620474488832

Honda Civic 10th gen Seibon TS carbon hood wont latch, please HELP. 1620474550150

Last edited: