Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I spoke to Seibon direct and they do not have vents for the hoods, said you’d have to build them yourself. That sucks!
That is very odd, the hood I had from my 2015 Civic Coupe had them and it came like that direct from Seibon.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That thing looks like the one on my old Talon. Love it.
(Best picture I have access to at work)
Honda Civic 10th gen Seibon Carbon MR Hood 25915_356184037982_927067_n

Pin your hoods guys. The real metal kind, not the aerocatch ones. It's pennies compared to losing a hood or windshield, on top of the safety issues.
I agree to always pin your hoods, but there is nothing wrong with Aerocatch pins. I've got them on my WRX and they are fantastic.

Bkunz02

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Smoky Mountain Edition
That is very odd, the hood I had from my 2015 Civic Coupe had them and it came like that direct from Seibon.
Agreed, I started with Procivic and they said no so I reached out to Seibon direct. Apparently they’re only for cars driven in Arizona these days. Not sure how easy it would be to build covers either.

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
Have carbon fiber hoods advanced to the point where we don't necessarily need hood pins anymore? I always remember that that was a pretty required addition in case of a broken latch.
Hood pins required trust me,well on our civics,yes

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
How would rain covers be made for the hood with open vents?I was thinking it be fine like that driving but put waterproof tape while sitting parked so water don't build up

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
Have carbon fiber hoods advanced to the point where we don't necessarily need hood pins anymore? I always remember that that was a pretty required addition in case of a broken latch.
I road for a week wit out pins.but its real nerve racking.u get the hood,get the pins as well.it shakes alot without them now its completely still after the install

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I road for a week wit out pins.but its real nerve racking.u get the hood,get the pins as well.it shakes alot without them now its completely still after the install
if your hood is shaking while driving you need to adjust it. mine dosn't move at all (ts-style).