***Update second replacement hood dulling Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt!

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the price you pay for a new Seibon cf hood, I would think selling the old hood would be up to the owner but that's my 2 cents on it. You paid for it you own it.

Ah ok I thought you could just fix it, looked surface from the picture. My bad! I had something similar happen on my Seibon hood off my EG and it was repairable.
Sponsored

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
I’m currently in the process of dealing with the same situation. Hopefully they will send me a replacement. My car is always garaged, not even my daily, had it on for about 3 months, and it’s been fading...

Its going to be heartbreaking having to tear this apart. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 4A259624-8495-4311-82BA-529C1DEFD054

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! EEA9EB9D-77CA-4B2A-A730-14527136E925

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 0A54D172-7F32-4720-A1B0-A50A6E4AF164

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^^ Wow unreal! Glad I didn't waste my money on one of these. That's to bad because it looks so nice!

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I’m currently in the process of dealing with the same situation. Hopefully they will send me a replacement. My car is always garaged, not even my daily, had it on for about 3 months, and it’s been fading...

Its going to be heartbreaking having to tear this apart. ?
Just send them a pic of the OP's hood :)

Sharkman112

First Name
Robert Veldt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X sport+ , Honda S2000 Vortech, DelSol Daytona eh6
Country flag
Quite normal especially in the carbon industry seen it with several carbon racebike frames. A firm that goes for quality doesn't want sub standard parts come back on the market and return shipping is more costly than destroying and replace it with a good part. Can be harsh sometimes but the best solution for cases like these.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Seibon is subpar when it comes to quality CF products. If shows in their customer service and their products. Notorious for poor fitment and clear coat failure. Hopefully people don’t get too offended and go support other quality companies

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think they are a great company because of this. Ive dealt with other companies and they basically say screw yourself we got your money. Im a pain on Paypal with disputes and win a lot. Yelp also. Seibon had no issue at all, even through this virus. I think it could have been fixed but why should I have to fix a new item? You would have to wet sand and see if it was the clear; however, like the other one said, it could be the process of the fiber in which it's not fixable. I just think if you pay for something with your hard earned money it should be right!

Seibon has been updating me and gave me a tracking number for new hood. Just gonna take some time for shipping. Is there a better CF hood company out there?

I read about a new carbon fiber coming out, costs less, more durable and a few other good factors.
Im sure that will take time though.

Matt

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
This is normal in most industries. They do not want sub par products with their name on them in the secondary market. In addition why should the original buyer profit from a warranty situation?

Regarding the idea that dull/cloudy areas in carbon can be fixed, no they can't. Those flaws are deep in the epoxy and not just a surface blemish.
Yep, normal. Much cheaper than paying to have the hood shipped back to them so they can destroy it since it can't be fixed.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I don't see why someone couldn't take different photos of there hood cut in half and send it to people with warranty claims so they don't have to actually cut it in half.
What would stop someone from doing this?
It seems excessive that they make you do this, I would've said to let them keep it as a spare part or if they want to sell it then go ahead. If someone is abusing the warranty claim system, they should just provide extensive proof that there is a defect and let it be at that. If they are worried about sub-par products with their name on it, then just ask for proof of purchase for warranty claim, or make the user scratch off the seibon brand name.

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
At one point, from what I heard, you had to do a video and send that in.....

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
New one should be here tomorrow!

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Most bigger companies do this including hardware stores, tool boxes, car parts, doors and windows. They do so much business with so many people they rather do a field destroy and not donate to not interfere with any conflicting partners. A field destroy benefits everyone because you get a new product, "they" are at ease with a free replacement and ultimately just a normal way to provide added customer service.

on another note I have seen people use old pictures from previous field destroys to get new product without having to cut or drill old ones. buuuuut very frowned upon.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Granted it's on a far lower scale, I remember when I had a headphone cable malfunction (some of the buttons weren't responding), the manufacturer had me cut the cable and show photo proof before sending me a replacement cable (cable was removable).
Sponsored