***Update second replacement hood dulling Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt!

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
An unfortunate thing I have to see when a customer receives a damaged hood and Seibon requests the hood be in cut in half. But at least the customer gets taken care of!

-Josh
Sponsored

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Can i have that cut up hood? lol Seriously...

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
They warrantied my hood after I had it only a few months for dull spots in clear. In order to warranty, you must cut the old hood to make it unusable. This hurt but what a great company that stands by their stuff! My car is not a daily and it is always covered if not driven.

carbon hood cut 2.jpg

carbon hood cut 1.jpg
Lol I could've of photoshopped that for you haha!!!

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At that point I would just to take an axe to it and destroy it really well. That way you can't even glue it or put it back together.
But, I mean, that's exactly what they want pretty much.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
But, I mean, that's exactly what they want pretty much.
I saw a similar warranty requirement for the HRS taillights, it says you have to prove that it was destroyed to receive the new one, if not you won't be able to receive any warranty claim in future.

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Could have been repaired but why should I have to when it was only a few months old. So I stand by Seibon with their customer service.

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting but not surprised Seibon is still warrantying through this method. I took a sledgehammer to an Accord CF Hood of theirs years ago for the same purpose.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
They sent me two drivers side fender vents. Instead of just having me send one back and swap for the other side, they said to destroy it and send them a photo. Everything worked out in the end and I would not hesitate to purchase from again.
Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 1593096499496

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is ridiculous they made you cut a perfectly good hood. As far as all that milky color on the hood, that can be taken out with paint correction.
I have to disagree with you on the fixable on those "milky" areas. I make cf badges and emblems so I understand the process behind this. Once the epoxy is bad, it's beyond saving. Looks like the batch of epoxy that Seibon got was of low quality.

Hondalife

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I put on the Seibon Fender Vents this weekend. Passenger looks great. Drivers side has a pretty significant gap at the bottom. Do you guys think I should exchange? I know fitment is challenging.
Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 20200802_134526

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
I put on the Seibon Fender Vents this weekend. Passenger looks great. Drivers side has a pretty significant gap at the bottom. Do you guys think I should exchange? I know fitment is challenging.
I'd show them and ask for a different one. Mine isn't 100% perfectly snug but its much better than that.

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
I would see if you can swap --- Mine aren't 100% but better than that. I noticed my passenger side fits better than drivers side as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 4AE302F0-FB6E-4119-A562-6710A0BFCE32 2.JPEG