Seeking Hood Latch Kit for 2016 Civic EX

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Having several symptoms that Dr. Google suggests is related to faulty hood latch kit. Specifically, no audio notification for locking doors (set to ON), no anti theft light, remote start not responsive (set to ON) This video suggests the issue is the hood latch.

Appreciate any other ideas and, if you agree the latch is likely the issue, ideas where to buy? I tried Amazon, AutoZone and Advance Parts (both onlin, haven’t gone in person), and I admit I, confused from RockAuto’s site. RockAuto shows me a part number(74120TBAA01) but not clear what is really ordered. On Amazon I only see one pulled from salvage.
I appreciate ideas for the issue and finding a correct part. And if it is the latch, can novice like me replace?

Thanks!
Sponsored

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Just bridge the contacts on the plug that goes into the hood latch to fool it into thinking the hook is locked. That'll help you eliminate it as a cause. Don't buy parts until you are sure what the cause is.

OP
OP

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just bridge the contacts on the plug that goes into the hood latch to fool it into thinking the hook is locked. That'll help you eliminate it as a cause. Don't buy parts until you are sure what the cause is.
thanks so much. Will give that a try.
Sponsored