Seeking FK8 FlashPro input

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
I know this is not the real price, but I thought it was funny.

Honda Civic 10th gen Seeking FK8 FlashPro input upload_2018-3-3_1-19-10
Sponsored

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
We have put a fair bit of work into a tune for a 100% stock vehicle, so you will not be disappointed. The clutch is not going to be a concern for you on a stock engine.
Thanks Hondata. For now, this is exactly what I’m looking for. A well developed tune for a stock car. Thanks for spending time to nail this.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We talked with K-Series Parts once we saw their product page. They put the FK8 FlashPro on their site but wanted to make it high enough that no one would purchase it. After we pointed that that people were confused they then made it really high so no one would get the wrong idea about the price.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
We talked with K-Series Parts once we saw their product page. They put the FK8 FlashPro on their site but wanted to make it high enough that no one would purchase it. After we pointed that that people were confused they then made it really high so no one would get the wrong idea about the price.
Gotta watch out for the buyer of the first CTR in America ($250k was it?). They’ll buy the $100k flash pro! Ha.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
LOL sure would hope people wouldn't be confused about this.

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
So I have a question about the additional ECU. Instead of having a brand new additional $625 ECU sitting on the shelf at home in the garage simply for the purpose of IF I might need it for warranty purposes etc, why couldn't a person simply purchase just the CLONED FILE of their original ECU? Hondata could either have it sent to us or keep it on file for a small fee? $625 seems like a high price to pay to have another ECU sitting around just "in case" I might need it. My thought of having just a CLONE FILE seems like a much cheaper and more cost effective solution. If one would ever need another ECU one could AT THAT TIME purchase another ECU and then they'd have the file needed to do a clone (hence the purpose for keeping the clone file). Just my thoughts.

Brian

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have a question about the additional ECU. Instead of having a brand new additional $625 ECU sitting on the shelf at home in the garage simply for the purpose of IF I might need it for warranty purposes etc, why couldn't a person simply purchase just the CLONED FILE of their original ECU? Hondata could either have it sent to us or keep it on file for a small fee? $625 seems like a high price to pay to have another ECU sitting around just "in case" I might need it. My thought of having just a CLONE FILE seems like a much cheaper and more cost effective solution. If one would ever need another ECU one could AT THAT TIME purchase another ECU and then they'd have the file needed to do a clone (hence the purpose for keeping the clone file). Just my thoughts.

Brian
If I understand correctly the jailbreak is a physical change to a chip on the board

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I understand correctly the jailbreak is a physical change to a chip on the board
Right...I get that. You still could have the original program...just the program and associated files/image etc. and wouldn't have to have the physical ECU. If then at a later time you could just have Hondata use that previously saved data to install onto a new ECU that would then become your new original ECU. I don't believe that the physical modification has anything to do with the original OEM data.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Right...I get that. You still could have the original program...just the program and associated files/image etc. and wouldn't have to have the physical ECU. If then at a later time you could just have Hondata use that previously saved data to install onto a new ECU that would then become your new original ECU. I don't believe that the physical modification has anything to do with the original OEM data.
Very unlikely but even if they did it offer that as an optionm would probably charge $300 just to create the clone file.

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very unlikely but even if they did it offer that as an optionm would probably charge $300 just to create the clone file.
Right, I completely understand that. It would just be nice not to have to sit on $625 that may in fact never be used. I'm probably gonna pass on the additional ECU.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right, I completely understand that. It would just be nice not to have to sit on $625 that may in fact never be used. I'm probably gonna pass on the additional ECU.
It sounds like they clone your ecu to the new ECU you pay for, then they jailbreak the new ECU leaving your actual original ECU unmolested so that you drop your stock ecu in for any warranty issues, and run the cloned ECU.

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
It sounds like they clone your ecu to the new ECU you pay for, then they jailbreak the new ECU leaving your actual original ECU unmolested so that you drop your stock ecu in for any warranty issues, and run the cloned ECU.
99.9 % sure that’s what Hondata does. The jailbroken clone has a cool blue “Hondata” decal and is FlashPro ready, while all that is done to the stock ECU is a full data download.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
Do we know a price for the flashpro yet?