FK8BOSSMAN

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R, 1993 H22 Del Sol
Country flag
Maybe it's just me, and it's not bad or a big deal. Most of the time the revs drop quickly, but I've had a few occasions where I felt it hang a bit.

By turbo ramp/response, maybe I didn't word it correctly. I just meant, maybe a way to adjust how slow/quick the turbo spools and how long to reach, targeted psi at a certain throttle %
Have you tried disabling rev match? It matches both down and up shifts I believe, and I'm also seeing some rev hang. I honestly haven't tried yet, but maybe someone who has might have some input.
Sponsored

FK8BOSSMAN

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R, 1993 H22 Del Sol
Country flag
Have you tried disabling rev match? It matches both down and up shifts I believe, and I'm also seeing some rev hang. I honestly haven't tried yet, but maybe someone who has might have some input.
I posted this before I got through every page. I think I would like the ability to only rev match for down shifts. Is that possible?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WRT -- stock CTR clutch and a tune.
How about with an Eventuri intake, PRL intercooler and turbo back 3" OD exhaust ... and a tune?
(particularly since I was already looking at a SPEC stage 3 clutch kit last night).
Thanks again, Ed.
The stock clutch seems to be able to handle a reasonable amount of torque. Also it is fairly easy to reduce the torque peak (just after spool), which also helps traction too.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
The stock clutch seems to be able to handle a reasonable amount of torque. Also it is fairly easy to reduce the torque peak (just after spool), which also helps traction too.
How about stock cat. converter? Is it a restriction? Do you think a 200 or 100 cell one would make a big difference?

Gomba3333

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (CW)
So my understanding:

CARB - Comes with preset maps, maps can be customized but timing and fuel on the maps cannot be altered
Race - Comes with preset maps, maps can be customized AND timing and fuel on maps can be altered.

I would assume with the CARB-compliant option, you couldn't take your car to a dyno and have it custom tuned to match your specific configuration of modifications, instead you would be relying on a stage map that closest matches your current configuration?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More or less that is correct. Usually the preset maps are the same between the CARB and race versions of the FlashPro.

The criteria for what can and what can not be modified is set by the California Air Resource Board. (See previous posts about how this applies to the whole US< not just Ca). Anything that can affect emissions is not allowed to be altered, like fuel & ignition, but things like torque (and therefore boost), throttle response etc can be altered. So you could dyno tune the CARB calibration; you just would be not altering certain things. What would you alter? Well, tuning for the fuel pump is going to be a big thing.

Gomba3333

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (CW)
Ultimately that would be the real question :)

I would personally say go Race - even though its technically against the law to run on street, ultimately several other competing products on different platforms (thinking tuning solutions on the FRS/BRZ and 370Z) basically elect to go with the non-compliant option and just disclaim it away. At the state level, outside of CA, these things never really tend to come up with regular vehicle inspections, so it becomes more of a technicality at the top level. I don't know what kind of liability situation that puts you in though.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you'll find that 'technically against the law' means the same thing as 'unlawful'. In the past the EPA has taken tuning shops to task and gone through their invoices to find customers with non compliant products. The fine is pretty big ($3000-$6000 from memory). We hope the RPM Act will pass as it will make everyone's job easier. https://www.sema.org/rpm-bill-summary

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you'll find that 'technically against the law' means the same thing as 'unlawful'. In the past the EPA has taken tuning shops to task and gone through their invoices to find customers with non compliant products. The fine is pretty big ($3000-$6000 from memory). We hope the RPM Act will pass as it will make everyone's job easier. https://www.sema.org/rpm-bill-summary
I'm really hoping the RPM act will go through, the EPA is ridiculous, I'm upset that my tax dollars fund them.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really hoping the RPM act will go through, the EPA is ridiculous, I'm upset that my tax dollars fund them.
Yeah, F the EPA. I hate clean air & water.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Yeah, F the EPA. I hate clean air & water.
I know right. I grew up in LA in the early 90s. We had smog warnings on the daily. I couldnt see the mountains that were 2 miles from where I lived.

I would gladly give up some power for clean air. It's not like 300 hp in a fwd car isn't enough anyway.

slayerworld7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Ok, we'll add it to the list then. Nearest I can tell the throttle plate follows the pedal but there might be a delay.
I remember watching one of the Honda design videos and they said that the rev hang is in there to allow leftover fuel to burn up for environmental/emissions reasons.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a burst of nitrogen oxides released when the throttle is closed suddenly. Closing the throttle slowly and keeping the injector open reduces the NOx on throttle closure... but is no fun for the driver.
Sponsored