Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I'm making this thread because it relates to my Civic which is about to cross the 100,000 mile mark. While I know that number is more of a milestone than anything, I'd like to get some feedback if any of you have some regarding potential areas that many need monitoring for maintenance/replacement, specific services at intervals, etc. I'd like to see this car reach at least 200,000 miles and want to make sure I'm not neglecting anything major. My work commute is roughly 70 miles a day, mostly freeway driving but some occasional city driving as I doordash a few times a month.

Some information about my Civic, it is a 2017 Sport hatchback with a CVT transmission. I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle, and bought it just over 3 years ago. In that time have put on 60,000 additional miles (purchased with 40k miles). This never showed up on my Carfax originally, but the first owner had the transmission replaced under warranty at 12k miles, I found the documentation for this and have had no transmission related issues during my ownership. I've been tuned since 46k miles and replaced spark plugs at 80k miles. In addition to KTuner, I have a PRL cobra intake and GReddy catback exhaust. No performance related issues since I've had any of them installed. My car has been on eibach sportline springs since 40k miles.

My regular maintenance routine involves full synthetic oil changes every 5k miles, transmission/coolant services every 30k miles, brake fluid every 3 years, tire rotation every 10k miles, switch out PRL intake filter every 6 months.

I've got a few things on my radar to knock out in the near future, including replacing my front/rear brakes and battery as they are both wearing out based on my observations. Going to spitball here for second, but should I consider replacing my turbo, fuel injectors, shocks, tie rods or any other key component on the car before reaching 200,000? If you're still reading this far, all I can say is thank you! Hopeful this information will help other owners too :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Seeking advice/insight on maintaining a 1.5T Civic with 100K+ miles DSC01776
Sponsored

Last edited: