Sedan VS Hatchback suspension (base models)

Which of the models soaks up bumps and road imperfections better?

• Total voters
OP
OP

emilations

First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX 2019
Country flag
Thank you all for you input and help. I finally chose the Hatchback LX with the 1.5T. For the following reasons: 1-The suspension seamed better tuned and surprisingly more comfortable for me than the sedan (the suspension crashed less). 2-The 1.5T makes the CVT less annoying. 3- The interior trim feels better put together and less prone to creaks than the sedan when plastics are pushed. It feels to me that the clips used on the hatchback are tighter. 4- The hatchback felt more special!!!!
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Interesting that your interior inspection led you to buy the British assembled car vs the Canadian one.

OP
OP

emilations

First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX 2019
Country flag
Interesting that your interior inspection led you to buy the British assembled car vs the Canadian one.
The fit and finish on the canadian built sedan is better overall. And yes the hatchback does have a couple of known rattles including the transmission cable, the heat-core rattle, and A pillar. However, I always had a habit of pushing the plastic trims of cars once getting in to test how tight they are fit. Most of the time the plastic cracks at the joints because the plastic fuses on the surface (like something sticking and then liberated), and from all the cars I had tested, the Hatchbacks clips seems less prone to those creaks.

Check out the above link for an extreme example.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great decision. I drove all the models multiple times at several different dealers. I ended up w/ the hatch sport (which absorbs bumps amazingly well even with the 18" rims...even better than sedan, as you noted) and it turned out to be a great decision. Love my hatchback. Enjoy!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Got a hatch sport and I love the ride and handling of it. Tried a sedan with the 2L once but I forgot how it rode as soon as I tried the hatch, wasn't even an option anymore.

dc0321

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport
Country flag
i had the 2016 lx sedan cvt for 3 years then recently got the 2019 hackback sport 6 speed. its a totally different feeling. the turbo engine makes u wanna boost all the time. the seats are more firm.the lx sedan seats are too soft after driving over an hour ,my back starting to hurt . speakers are better, u hear more treble n bass. suspension are more stiff but still very comfortable. it might sound a little exaggerated but it felt like its a totally different car.
Sponsored