SEDAN LED FOGLIGHT UPGRADE

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Has anyone with a sedan replaced the halogen fog lights with the newer LED fog lights? I am stuck between getting the Morimoto XB LED and the Honda LED foglights to replace a broken lens.
I know there is a fitment issue with the morimoto and the sedans from what I have seen, but do the Honda LEDs fit like the original Halogens?? I am not having much luck finding pictures or info with this upgrade on a plain sedan.

thanks
Sponsored

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
From what I’ve read here on the forum, it’s a direct replacement for the halogens.

BlackBlade17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I was debating this too for a while, but decided to get high quality LED bulbs instead for my fog housing ('17 Si).

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/12834UNIX2/x-tremeultinon-led-car-fog-light-bulb

Suppose to mimic halogen bulb perfectly with brighter output in a crisp white light. Just ordered over the weekend so I can update when I install them. Minimal glare to opposing traffic too, which is a big selling point. Seems like majority of LED bulbs just scatter haphazardly which is not doing anyone good.

OP
OP
Frankakee

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Yes I was debating the same with all the fitment issues with the morimoto fogs. Do I replace the halogen and use laminix. And then just upgrade my low beams to led or hid!! Not an easy decision

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I was debating this too for a while, but decided to get high quality LED bulbs instead for my fog housing ('17 Si).

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/12834UNIX2/x-tremeultinon-led-car-fog-light-bulb

Suppose to mimic halogen bulb perfectly with brighter output in a crisp white light. Just ordered over the weekend so I can update when I install them. Minimal glare to opposing traffic too, which is a big selling point. Seems like majority of LED bulbs just scatter haphazardly which is not doing anyone good.
So it’s a 6000k led h11?

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
. I've done both routes with replacing the bulbs and later upgrading to the morimoto and it's not even close. There's a few DIY threads for cutting the xb's to fit perfectly and it's really simple so the fitment issues are based on whoever's installing them because it was an easy install.

OP
OP
Frankakee

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
Yes I am not afraid of the modification it’s the fit after trimming the tabs. You have an si, I have yet to see a plain sedan with the smaller foglight bezels and how the morimotos fit those or even the Honda led fitment

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes its a direct fit. I changed the OEM halogens to the newer OEM LED lights. TBH I think if you want better performance, you're better off going morimoto

BlackBlade17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Morimoto fogs look like they have a projector-type lens setup (online, never seen one in person so hard to tell), which if that is true then yes they will probably have a more accurate beam pattern overall. Aftermarket is always hit and miss in my experience, so I tend to stick with OEM equipment for piece of mind if possible.

I never seen either OEM or Morimoto LED fog lights in my area driving around, so this is only speculation. I chose the Phlips X-treme Ultinon bulbs because I figured my foglamps were still in great condition so no need to replace them with an entire unit. Scatter shouldn't be an issue, premium brand, and should match my low beams well. If I am unfortunate enough one day to get a rock hitting it just right and it shatters, then I'll be in the same boat making up my mind what to get lol.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Morimoto's are amazing for light output. I'm not going to cut on this car though as I had a pain doing it on my 17. Just gonna upgrade to the OEM LED fogs for the same price.

BlackBlade17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good call. If the Ultinon bulbs don't impress me, I'm going that route too. Cheapest I could find including shipping to my area was I think $177 from one of the Honda parts websites.
Sponsored