Sedan and Hatchback front, same?

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
There aren't a lot of lip kits available for the hatchback, but there are some for the sedans. I know the front bumpers are not 100% the same, but I would think the general shape of the 2 models' front bumper are the same. I'm wondering if anyone here with a hatchback has ever tried fitting a sedan's aftermarket lip on their car?
Sponsored

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think you'd have better luck fitting a si coupe or sedan or even type r lip onto a hatch, the bumpers are more similar in my opinion atleast, huge faux vents.. theres a huge difference between regular sedan/coupe and hatches.
also if i can recall someone had tried fitting the type r lip onto their ex? sedan and the shape was off had gaps, meanwhile it fits good on on si bumpers.

OP
OP
jayzon831

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
So the 10th gen Civic has different front bumpers for the Sedan/Coupe, SI, Hatchbacks, and TypeRs, then they pretty much have different rear bumpers for all these trims? That's got to be a manufacturing nightmare. No wonder there aren't many companies producing body or lip kits for our cars.

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
So the 10th gen Civic has different front bumpers for the Sedan/Coupe, SI, Hatchbacks, and TypeRs, then they pretty much have different rear bumpers for all these trims? That's got to be a manufacturing nightmare. No wonder there aren't many companies producing body or lip kits for our cars.
It is. They new this coming in. I read an article by an aftermarket company saying they had to wait to see what sells the best before making any parts. The sedans are different completely from the Si sedan in many ways. The hatches are way different from the Si's. The type R is completely different.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
From what i've read an Si lip will work on a hatch if you replace the lower grill as well.

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what i've read an Si lip will work on a hatch if you replace the lower grill as well.
That's correct, the Sport hatches have an existing lip and different lower grille. With an EX-t or normal hatch lower grille you can mount lips for the SI and things like the GReddy lip, even a Type R lip

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Greddy, Ikon, Pro Design just to name a few all offer lips for the Non-Sport Hatchback. The Type R's front lip can be put on the Non-Sport hatch but you have to do some cutting and trimming and even then it is not 100% right. For the Sport you are going to have to switch out the lower trim and grill to the one from the Non-Sport in order to get one of those to fit on it.

-R

SAKE BOMB

First Name
Ralphi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
That's correct, the Sport hatches have an existing lip and different lower grille. With an EX-t or normal hatch lower grille you can mount lips for the SI and things like the GReddy lip, even a Type R lip
So if I have an 2020 EX-T Hatchback, all of the Sedan and SI front splitters/lips will fit mine?

Blakeduke09

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
i think you'd have better luck fitting a si coupe or sedan or even type r lip onto a hatch, the bumpers are more similar in my opinion atleast, huge faux vents.. theres a huge difference between regular sedan/coupe and hatches.
also if i can recall someone had tried fitting the type r lip onto their ex? sedan and the shape was off had gaps, meanwhile it fits good on on si bumpers.
Do you know if I could fit a sedan/coupe front fender on a hatchback ex?
Sponsored