Type R For Life!
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR ChampionshipWhite
Country flag
Yo what's up my fellow type R owners. Hey I was just wondering if any of you are planning to install an alarm system on your baby and if so what kind. :lock::drive:
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Yo what's up my fellow type R owners. Hey I was just wondering if any of you are planning to install an alarm system on your baby and if so what kind. :lock::drive:
congrats on the car! I'd get a two way, remote start alarm by Direct Electronics (Viper, Python) or whatever brand you trust. A warm engine is preferable when driving and a remote start gives u that fancy convenience and readiness from afar. Just be sure to discuss with the mechanic on the safety procedures.

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
Are there any wiring schematics for the car? I read through the DIY section and was surprised to see that there wasn't a posting for one...

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice try car thief.

LoJack plus a personal security guard

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Is lojack worth hmmm... Was thinking viper when I get mine

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I also am looking for a two way alarm also. I was quoted about $700. I am curious what other people are getting and what a reasonable cost is.

OP
OP
tyebo5

tyebo5

Type R For Life!
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR ChampionshipWhite
Country flag
Yeah me too $700 sounds about right for a good two way alarm from a Viper dealer.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Not at the moment, living here in Chicago with a garage to use, if I go back to Miami, hell yeah! It's a must for this car unfortunately.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GPS locator and gap insurance... some people don't like to pay for gap but it's cheap and honestly if someone steals it you get your money. If someone's going to car jack me they can have the car and I'll take the payout. Not worth my life.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
GPS locator and gap insurance... some people don't like to pay for gap but it's cheap and honestly if someone steals it you get your money. If someone's going to car jack me they can have the car and I'll take the payout. Not worth my life.
I bought the GAP insurance as well. Even at MSRP it is worth having it and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for security because dealers are making this the new ITR. *sigh*

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Kinda surprised that this thread hasn't gotten more play, since the CTR doesn't come with an alarm system but definitely needs one. I am starting to look at aftermarket systems but have no experience with them, since every car I've owned over the past 20 years came with an alarm as standard equipment. Has anybody installed an aftermarket system? If so, which one, where'd you get it, how's it working? I've seen Viper systems (alarm and remote start) available at Best Buy, and the prices including installation seem reasonable, but looking for thoughts from those with experience.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
I think my CTR GT has alarm

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Because - All Civics come with a good alarm, but a lousy horn. Unless someone has an encrypted key, it will take a towtruck or lots of time/help to "acquire" your Civic - but it's worth it.

R3Dz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Country flag
Because - All Civics come with a good alarm, but a lousy horn. Unless someone has an encrypted key, it will take a towtruck or lots of time/help to "acquire" your Civic - but it's worth it.
but with a towtruck no matter what you did to your car they can take it and a good car thief will jam your gps XD

(insurance companies still give discount for having said gps though ! and it's not always a pro who steals your car )
Sponsored