Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,
Just installed a harness bar for a 4-point harness in the FK8. It required to remove the bolt at the top and bottom seatbelt and then reinstall. Anyone know the correct torque spec of what Honda recommends? Thanks!
Sponsored

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey my seat belt just broke on my si yesterday and it isn't fixable, I'm looking for a harness bar so I can just run a harness and eliminate the seat belt. Mind if I ask you what harness bar your running?

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Hey my seat belt just broke on my si yesterday and it isn't fixable, I'm looking for a harness bar so I can just run a harness and eliminate the seat belt. Mind if I ask you what harness bar your running?
If you aren’t going to use a HANS device, you really should fix the seatbelt. The “for show“ harness bars like the one linked above will kill you if you ever have an accident. They are really meant for show cars. There is a reason race car drivers wear neck protection while using them.

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks man, I'm thinking of running the cipher harness bar, it's a little cheaper than this one. How was the install?
Install was fairly simple. I did a YouTube video on it if you want to see how it was done.

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you aren’t going to use a HANS device, you really should fix the seatbelt. The “for show“ harness bars like the one linked above will kill you if you ever have an accident. They are really meant for show cars. There is a reason race car drivers wear neck protection while using them.
Absolutely 100% agree. HANS and helmet is the way to go when tracking the car. Use the regular seatbelt when daily driving

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So there really isn't any fixing my current oem belt situation. The bolt that holds the bottom of the belt to the chassis is stripped. When I stuck the bolt back in where is goes there's nothing to thread on to. I asked one of the master techs at my job and he said that there's supposed to be a nut that's welded to the inside of the pillar and it seems the welds broke off and the nuts gone now. So I really have no other choice but to get a harness. It's not really for show either because I track the car with a helmet and all. But I understand that it could be dangerous for daily driving after watching that video you sent earlier. What exactly is a HANS device if you don't mind me asking?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Are you referring to the Ballade or the Cipher? Or both?

To clarify, these are safe only with a HANS and helmet or not at all or...?

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I would also like to know what this gentleman is asking ^

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag

Any harness. The OEM safety systems account for some movement to occur, allowing you to hit the airbags in a collision. The harness will hold you tightly to the seat. If you come to an immediate stop and your head isn’t restrained with something like a HANS device, you break your neck. This is how Dale Earnhardt died.

More info on HANS device here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HANS_device

To be clear, its absolutely fine to use these for show purposes, but for normal street driving you should retain the use of the normal seat belts.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any harness. The OEM safety systems account for some movement to occur, allowing you to hit the airbags in a collision. The harness will hold you tightly to the seat. If you come to an immediate stop and your head isn’t restrained with something like a HANS device, you break your neck. This is how Dale Earnhardt died.

More info on HANS device here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HANS_device

To be clear, its absolutely fine to use these for show purposes, but for normal street driving you should retain the use of the normal seat belts.
Thank you so much for clarifying this, I will be talking to my job tomorrow to see what we can do about a warranty job. Honestly I'm stuck in a shit situation lol I don't feel safe with factory restraints after the way it broke on me and if I use a harness I'll die without a HANS device ??
Sponsored