Seatbelt not adjustable? Any mods available?

OP
OP
MagicMatt

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
It's GM part # 10385983. Had to drill holes to 9/16", using one of the existing holes and then measuring (I think exactly 3") for the other hole. Fits great, but not sure how I feel about it. It's as far out as it can be while going through both headrest posts. I feel like if I extend it another inch towards the door it would work a lot better, but that would mean it would only be supported by the outside post and wouldn't reach the other one.

For now I'm just using the seatbelt extender. It's not perfect, but better than nothing.
See above. I got mine from ebay. Just search that part number, you'll find it.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
WHere did you get that? I called the dealership and they don't have. I'm short and have to reach way back to grab. I bought the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
I think he grew the beard himself without help from the dealership

misspriss40

Happy..our Not! HONDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic coupe
Country flag
That's so funny that you posted that response,I actually went on EBay
And researched it,and the GM belt guide came up.I contacted them
And asked about it,and they said they only deal in GM.I will probably order,
But I thought about going to our local junkyard and looking through some cars.
Thank you Honda Civic 10th gen Seatbelt not adjustable?  Any mods available? ima Honda Civic 10th gen Seatbelt not adjustable?  Any mods available? ima

Elligal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe LX
Appeciate the suggestions. The lock thing looks like it could work but I'd obviously rather something I didn't have to adjust each time I get in the car (which is why I don't want the clips that attach near the hip).

As for the seat belt sleeve, that's not going to solve the problem of the seat belt fitting incorrectly. It may ease some discomfort but now I have something even bigger trying to strangle me.

So far I've ordered one each of these:

mOSKrXoHp-gJwh-f5H_MUIg.jpg

74927d1367943498-seat-belt-holders-p1000450.jpg

I'm hoping the headrest guide thing will be enough but if I need to I'll use both in conjunction. I'll report back once they're in and installed in case anyone else has this issue.
I took your advice and ordered the gm part. I chose to snug it up close to the seat back, drilled 2new holes and cut the excess off on the other side. It worked perfectly! Many thanks for this tip!

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just traded my sedan for a coupe SI. I am getting annoyed with how hard it is to reach for the seatbelt. Your fix sounds great but the si seats are not compatible. Any other suggestions?

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
You need a BMW. :) My 2014 428i coupe's seatbelt was anchored waaaay behind the seat as well, but it had a device I liked to call the Seabelt Butler that mechanically zoomed the seatbelt forward when you sat down in the driver's seat so you didn't have to reach way behind you to grab it.
Sponsored