Seat heaters

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Putting this in the si forum as seats are specific so it may only apply here.

When I run my seat heater full on it gets very warm as expected, go to medium setting and it seems roughly the same or maybe even warmer, go to low and a BIG drop.

So anyone else notice this? Figure I could test a couple ways
See what passenger seat “feels” like
Get out thermo-pen and put it under one leg and check temp at different settings.
As above but get a thermocouple.
Figure out a way to monitor the current going to the seat.

So anyone else notice anything similar? Just wondering if there could be a wiring problem.
Paul
Sponsored

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Country flag
I agree, not a huge difference between 2 and 3 but I feel like there is one. Small but noticeable in my car. I usually start at 3 then when it gets uncomfortable, which never takes long, I drop it to 2 for a minute then to 1 and usually don’t turn it off. 1 is a nice temp, just enough to keep the chill at bay, especially since the hvac system is roasting my right foot all the time. I swear to god, no one can do a proper balance without vents in back anymore. Any car I’ve had with front venting only always roasts my feet. Sorry, got off topic but it’s just one of those things.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hmm, weird. There's a noticeable difference between High and Medium for me. It may be because you start out on High and drop it after it gets uncomfortable. Try just starting on Medium.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you factor in booty size? :rofl:

TechJunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I've only used max heat once or twice. Honestly, the middle setting is just about perfect. After some time, it can get to be a little too warm, so then I just drop to low and there is enough residual heat to keep things comfortable (and if it starts to cool off too much, I just go back to mid). Max is just too hot. It may come in handy once we finally drop to the single digits here, but even when we've been in the mid-20's, the middle setting is my default.

OP
OP

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
LOL looks like I’m not alone. Agree that the first 2 settings are way to warm to leave on. When it’s cold here I star on high for a few min, then cycle through med in a min or two and default to low.
I will see if I can take some real readings.
Paul

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I haven't thought about this too hard - I'll have to evaluate the next time I'm in the car.

The hottest setting is definitely HOT - which is not a bad thing. I usually warm it up on that setting and then switch it to low, or switch it off entirely.

Thank you cloth seats for your quick warming abilities. These are definitely the best seat heaters I've had or felt, in any car.
Sponsored