MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
My dog (will be) a regular passenger in my 2020 Type R and I want to protect the interior as much as I can. I've ordered Scotchguard for all the Alacantra, but I want to do more than that.

Looking for something durable, water resistance and not slippery. And at least for the front seats I want something well fitted. I've checked out CoverKing and a few others and can go that route but was looking for recommendations from folks here. What can people here recomend?

Also, other than the Scotchguard and covers, anything else I should be looking at to protect from the dog? (He's not a drooler, but we do hike and do outdoor things.)
Sponsored

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
My dog (will be) a regular passenger in my 2020 Type R and I want to protect the interior as much as I can. I've ordered Scotchguard for all the Alacantra, but I want to do more than that.

Looking for something durable, water resistance and not slippery. And at least for the front seats I want something well fitted. I've checked out CoverKing and a few others and can go that route but was looking for recommendations from folks here. What can people here recomend?

Also, other than the Scotchguard and covers, anything else I should be looking at to protect from the dog? (He's not a drooler, but we do hike and do outdoor things.)
I’m going to Wet Okole in SoCal this thurs to see what they can offer for front and rear custom seat covers. I’ll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
MadMage

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I’m going to Wet Okole in SoCal this thurs to see what they can offer for front and rear custom seat covers. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Thanks, I saw some of their stuff, but without a comparable interior its hard to guess how things will look and fit.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Thanks, I saw some of their stuff, but without a comparable interior its hard to guess how things will look and fit.
Mad mage, chk out the “what did you do to your civic today” thread. Got a bunch of stuff about protecting the interior and some seat covers to give u some ideas. Sorry, not to proficient and giving u the actual link.

OP
OP
MadMage

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Mad mage, chk out the “what did you do to your civic today” thread. Got a bunch of stuff about protecting the interior and some seat covers to give u some ideas. Sorry, not to proficient and giving u the actual link.
No problem :) I did try searching, but the results are actually pretty short. Will try again and browse that thread more. It's one of the large ones so though I have looked at it, probably only a dozen pages :)

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

I'm interested in back seat cover for my 2017 hatch. I already bought neoprene front seat covers from Shearcomfort. They are hella expensive. The neoprene is okay, would not recommend it though, as they are not durable. I'm looking for Cordura fabric back seat cover. Can you looking into this when you are there too?

Update: It seems like Wet Okole only offer Neoprene for fabric type. Right now you can get 30% on Shearcomfort for Cordura fabric, I'm pulling the trigger for the back seat cover.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Can't help you with seat covers, but re: fabric protection - I did a bunch of research and eventually settled on this 303 product. And this thread is what convinced me to go with the 303 over Scotchgard. I didn't attempt the coffee test, but nonetheless I'm really impressed with it. Here's some additional detail on my experience with the stuff.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just scheduled the install for my custom CTR seat covers from Wet Okole in a few weeks. Further to follow.
Sponsored