Seat belt burning my hands!

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Hello, all!
I am new here. So glad to talk to you all. Just got my Civic last week and I love it! But one thing I noticed these days really bugs me a lot. The seat belt of new civic is a little different from my previous vehicle. There is a metal part that exposes and I can touch it every time when I fasten my seat belt. Usually, it is not a big issue at all, but I live in Kansas, the weather in summer here is like hell. It literally burned my fingers yesterday after I parked outside in the afternoon for couple hours. In the picture, you can see the metal part towards to outside, to the sun! Does anyone have the same concern like I do?
I'd like to discuss this issue with you guys and figure out a way to avoid this.
Honda Civic 10th gen Seat belt burning my hands! upload_2017-6-22_17-49-54
Sponsored

OP
OP
McLovin110

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
You could attach a piece of velcro to it. Just be glad you aren't in AZ haha
Ha. I heard in vegas, the temperature went 117 degree yesterday.
Have you experienced the same situation like mine? I'm just afraid that the Velcro would stuck the seat belt since there is no much space there.

Kira

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Ha. I heard in vegas, the temperature went 117 degree yesterday.
Have you experienced the same situation like mine? I'm just afraid that the Velcro would stuck the seat belt since there is no much space there.
No, I haven't had much of a problem with it, but then again I'm in the middle of a job hunt so I'm not driving too much haha.
With the velcro, you could try trimming it down and not having the metal completely wrapped if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
McLovin110

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
No, I haven't had much of a problem with it, but then again I'm in the middle of a job hunt so I'm not driving too much haha.
With the velcro, you could try trimming it down and not having the metal completely wrapped if that makes any sense.
Yes, it does. Thank you!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was driving around the parking lot at my job 2 days ago and the outside temp on the car read 124. Just keep a thick rag in your cup holder and use that to grab it.

OP
OP
McLovin110

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I was driving around the parking lot at my job 2 days ago and the outside temp on the car read 124. Just keep a thick rag in your cup holder and use that to grab it.
Gosh, I was planning to have a weekend off and have some fun in Vegas lately. Glad I didn't! That heat would kill people, watch out!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, I thought the same thing about the buckle. I live in Texas and it's getting hot here too. I try to remember not to grab the damn thing when it's been sitting outside and try to actually grab the belt to pull it over then quickly buckle to minimize my time touching the hot-as-hell buckle.

OP
OP
McLovin110

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Yup, I thought the same thing about the buckle. I live in Texas and it's getting hot here too. I try to remember not to grab the damn thing when it's been sitting outside and try to actually grab the belt to pull it over then quickly buckle to minimize my time touching the hot-as-hell buckle.
ikr! this is really killing me. it's like how they train the tiger in the circus, using pain to correct muscle memory.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Down here in FL and the summer is really starting to kick in. I would suggest using a Sun shade. That would help all around in keeping your interior a little cooler.

OP
OP
McLovin110

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Down here in FL and the summer is really starting to kick in. I would suggest using a Sun shade. That would help all around in keeping your interior a little cooler.
Sadly the sunshade only can cover the windshield. The major heat is from my side window. I've already scheduled an appointment for window tinting. Hope the tint can help it!
Sponsored