Seasucker rack for sedan owners

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is anybody out there using a Seasucker mount on their sedan? I recently bought one and have done a few test mounts on different areas of the car. The middle part of the roof is just too flimsy for me. So far the best mounting point that I can be confident in is put the fork mount towards the rear roof of the car near the shark fine antenna and mount the rear wheel on the trunk. It works for my road bike but it's a tight fit and any other bike with a longer wheelbase would rub on the trunk spoiler.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've used a Seasucker on both the tenth gen Civics and Accords without issue. :thumbsup:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How was your experience with the Civic Si? How were you mounting the cups?
It has been a while but from what I recall I had it near the sunroof. Some parts of the roof are definitely more rigid than others.

OP
OP

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It has been a while but from what I recall I had it near the sunroof. Some parts of the roof are definitely more rigid than others.
Did you ever have it on the sunroof? I'm curious if this is a good area to place it. I've seen hatch owners do this but I'm just nervous overall. I'm putting on two road bikes using the mini bomber.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever have it on the sunroof? I'm curious if this is a good area to place it. I've seen hatch owners do this but I'm just nervous overall. I'm putting on two road bikes using the mini bomber.
If I recall correctly they tell you to not attach it to a sunroof.

OP
OP

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If I recall correctly they tell you to not attach it to a sunroof.
For the times that you've mounted it, was it between the sunroof and windshield (I know that's more structurally sound) or past the sunroof (between sunroof and middle part of the roof)?

Thanks!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the times that you've mounted it, was it between the sunroof and windshield (I know that's more structurally sound) or past the sunroof (between sunroof and middle part of the roof)?

Thanks!
I feel like it was probably behind the sunroof just because I don't recall the Talon fitting in front of it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks!
Found an old photo. Don't have the car or the bike anymore but this should answer your question.

Honda Civic 10th gen Seasucker rack for sedan owners IMG_0354

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I mount mine as close to the windshield as I can get so that only one suction cup is mounted to the flimsier part of the roof. It went in between my windshield and sunroof on my Si, and it goes in more or less the same spot on my CTR. I did purchase the mini bomber though for the benefit of it distributing the suction cups across the whole roof.

OP
OP

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@360glitch thanks for the pic! The fork mount placement is where the flimsy part for me is.

I mount mine as close to the windshield as I can get so that only one suction cup is mounted to the flimsier part of the roof. It went in between my windshield and sunroof on my Si, and it goes in more or less the same spot on my CTR. I did purchase the mini bomber though for the benefit of it distributing the suction cups across the whole roof.
That's how I had mine (between sunroof and front windshield) but noticed on the sedan that the flimsy part is where the rear wheel resting, like the picture that @360glitch is sharing above.

I'll probably need to play with it and just take it on a drive, I'm probably just overly cautious.
Sponsored