Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I installed them today, no problems with clearance and I didn't have to remove anything to make room to turn them in, less than 5 minutes/side - I still have to affix the controller box, it's still daytime out but they are very bright. I'll confirm dispersion and glare tonight.
I also like that they have a bridge inside the controller box to alleviate polarity issues

it was approx $100.00 CDN landed cost.
Lots of light.
one from the drivers seat includes the highs (OEM HALOGEN), the other is just the Xenower H11 lows.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID 252B5EEC-1E96-4CB3-904B-730F31E787DB
Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID 17ED85FC-649A-4F8E-AAAD-4FAB9AD6F340
Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID E4775811-0049-4DEE-A2E1-CF555942503D
Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID 53465506-0F7C-44AC-9893-B9689E428DDB
Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID 5BE8B6D6-0B06-47BD-A07F-DBD5F1AC35A7
Xe

Last edited:

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@Ocelot

That looks great! Can't wait for my fogs.
Are you planning on replacing your fog lights with the same kit as well?

Last edited:

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Ocelot

That looks great! Can't wait for my fogs.
Are you planning on replacing your fog lights with the same kit as well?
I'm having trouble sourcing similar Xenower X2 9005's for my highs here in Canada (I didn't pay attention to the physical room behind the high-beam reflector though, maybe I should do that before anything else).
Sea-lite did respond to me via social media and indicated that they do have a combined H11 and 9005 four-pack, this would take care of my highs and fogs - but I can't find the four-pack of X2's anywhere, i'm not sure if they understood I wanted the X2 version.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Update y'all,

Finally got to install the X2 into my Foglights
They Look good. Very pleased with the output.
Very surprised that the fans aren't very loud at all and they don't run too hot (ran them on for about 5 to 10 mins)
Now fingers crossed for no CANBUS/dashlight errors!

Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID received_248622209710789

Honda Civic 10th gen Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID received_272813823899068

Update: 5 days later. We had some rainy weather, and during one of these days, I noticed significant condensation accumulating in the fog light housing. Upon inspection, the silicone Red o ring seal that is part of the LED bulb did not appear to be fully sealing the fog light housing resulting in a bit of leak which may or may not be worsened by the fan behind the bulb blowing water vapour into the housing. I searched on the forum for this issue and it appears that some members who installed any aftermarket LED bulbs who experienced this issue have either switched them back to halogen or have applied some form of sealant/gasket maker/electrical tape to improve the seal. For me, I chose to try to electrical tape around the bulb taking care to not cover the heat sink while still maintaining a good seal. We will see how this goes. If this doesn't work, I'm probably going to be changing back to my halogens and getting the diode dynamics ss3 yellow LED kit.

Update #2: 2 weeks later, electrical tape failed and moisture reappeared. Took bulb housing out and used silicone sealant to cover the sliver around the bulb's gasket against the fog light housing.
So far so good.

Last edited:

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldn't get X2's for my highs, so I bought a set of Aukey 9005's. Very very impressed and no error codes, but I haven't replace my factory fogs yet.

II have some LEDs for the fogs, but they are 3000 k and I haven't bothered to replace them yet. (no ramps and no garage).

IIf the H11 x2's by Sealight are worth it, I'll order another set.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I couldn't get X2's for my highs, so I bought a set of Aukey 9005's. Very very impressed and no error codes, but I haven't replace my factory fogs yet.

II have some LEDs for the fogs, but they are 3000 k and I haven't bothered to replace them yet. (no ramps and no garage).

IIf the H11 x2's by Sealight are worth it, I'll order another set.
Actually if you have an SI, the front fog light cover is removable as long as you have some trim removal tools so you don't need to go underneath the car.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually if you have an SI, the front fog light cover is removable as long as you have some trim removal tools so you don't need to go underneath the car.
Nope, EX-t

Cherect

First Name
Chelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Country flag
Hey, how loud are your headlights? I installed these lights and went for a 30 min drive and came back and heard very loud noise from the headlights when I turned the car off. I opened the hood and the fans were blasting and the lights were very hot from behind. I hope I am not the only one facing this issue with the Sealight X2 headlights cuz I have spent $100 on them and I don't want these headlights to die early...

Last edited:

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@Cherect

I installed these in my Foglights.
I was pleasantly surprised they're quite quiet. I ran them on with car in ON position for about 10 mins after I initially installed them and found them to be quiet.

I haven't really noticed noise being an issue after a drive.
But better to know the fans are working well then not I guess? ?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Cherect

I was pleasantly surprised they're quite quiet. I ran them on with car in ON position for about 10 mins after I initially installed them and found them to be quiet.

Noise isn’t intrusive on mine either, even with engine turned off.

Cherect

First Name
Chelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Country flag
@Cherect

Hi, I bought H11s for low beam and I wanted to know if you hear the same loud fan? I ran the car for 15 mins today and this is how it sounds and it was blowing hot air out... which is obv a good thing, but is it cuz the LED chips are very bright?

Video link:

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
@Cherect

For me, since I've installed them in my Foglights maybe I don't hear them as much at yours. But to answer your question I do notice the fan doing its job if that's what you're asking. I basically put my fingers around the fans and feel a breeze generated by the fans.

High output LEDs will generate heat. And will need fans.

Are you in a warmer climate maybe that's why your fan is working harder?
I'm also not sure if the fan speeds is computer controlled to temperature of the bulb.

I would say your fans are doing their job and there's nothing abnormal about your video from what I can see.

Last edited:

Cherect

First Name
Chelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Country flag
@Cherect

For me, since I've installed them in my Foglights maybe I don't hear them as much at yours. But to answer your question I do notice the fan doing its job if that's what you're asking. I basically put my fingers around the fans and feel a breeze generated by the fans.

High output LEDs will generate heat. And will need fans.

Are you in a warmer climate maybe that's why your fan is working harder?
I'm also not sure if the fan speeds is computer controlled to temperature of the bulb.

I would say your fans are doing their job and there's nothing abnormal about your video from what I can see.
Yea high brightness would result in loud fan noise. I am in Toronto and has been very warm for the past few days, so that might result in the loud fan noise and the heat...

I also, talked to customer service and they confirmed that they were engineered to be loud due to the heat produced by the LED chips (make sense) and was advised to return them if the noise is annoying for me... So, I might consider returning it and grabbing the L2's. Thanks for the response btw!

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i wonder if residual cooling is an issue? the lights get 12 volts when called upon to light, shut your lights of and no more voltage available to run the fan.
Sponsored