Sealight H11 LED Headlights overview Xenower X2 & Laxmas L2 - Downgraded from 55W HID

jjayguy23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
i wonder if residual cooling is an issue? the lights get 12 volts when called upon to light, shut your lights of and no more voltage available to run the fan.
I doubt residual cooling is an issue. The main generator of heat is the LED, and when it's off, the heatsink will still dissipate heat passively. Even without the fan running.
Sponsored

jjayguy23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Did the X2 bulbs last? I'm thinking about getting them for my 2017 Civic Ex-T Sedan. I have the S1's but I wasn't wowed by the low beam performance.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Did the X2 bulbs last? I'm thinking about getting them for my 2017 Civic Ex-T Sedan. I have the S1's but I wasn't wowed by the low beam performance.
I have them in my fog lights. Installed them since the end of 2020 and they're still going strong. The only problem I have with the fog lights is moisture build up within the lens so FYI. Originally I thought the moisture would cause premature failure of the bulb but it looks like it didn't so far. Brightness is excellent I like them.

jjayguy23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I have them in my fog lights. Installed them since the end of 2020 and they're still going strong. The only problem I have with the fog lights is moisture build up within the lens so FYI. Originally I thought the moisture would cause premature failure of the bulb but it looks like it didn't so far. Brightness is excellent I like them.
Thanks for the response. I ran across someone else on the Internet with the same issue as you, regarding the moisture. Their solution was to use a silicone sealant around the bulb enclosure in order to keep out moisture. So maybe remove bulb, let lens dry, reinstall bulb, and put the sealant around the outside. This should keep moisture out. They said electrical tape didn’t work, only the silicone sealant. Simple!

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the response. I ran across someone else on the Internet with the same issue as you, regarding the moisture. Their solution was to use a silicone sealant around the bulb enclosure in order to keep out moisture. So maybe remove bulb, let lens dry, reinstall bulb, and put the sealant around the outside. This should keep moisture out. They said electrical tape didn’t work, only the silicone sealant. Simple!
I did everything imaginable. Didn't work. The fan on the left bulb still blows air into the housing . If I have spare money I'm going for the ss3 pro maxes from diode dynamics. No mess no fuss max light.
Sponsored