sealant touch up

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
so as detailed in another thread (clicky) I used a few Wolfgang products including their sealant.

I would like to use a spray on touch up product for areas that I wipe down more often (front of the car and back of the car), but I want to avoid using any carnuba based products. I have found that they do jack **** in terms of keeping the car looking clean when parked outside near pollen/salty/sandy climates. For perspective, I had to wash my car every few days with a carnuba based wax to keep it looking clean. With the sealant, all I need to do is spend 5min at a self wash station that is equipped with a mineral free rinse spray..... no more than once every couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on something that is easy and preferably able to apply in direct sunlight?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
so as detailed in another thread (clicky) I used a few Wolfgang products including their sealant.

I would like to use a spray on touch up product for areas that I wipe down more often (front of the car and back of the car), but I want to avoid using any carnuba based products. I have found that they do jack **** in terms of keeping the car looking clean when parked outside near pollen/salty/sandy climates. For perspective, I had to wash my car every few days with a carnuba based wax to keep it looking clean. With the sealant, all I need to do is spend 5min at a self wash station that is equipped with a mineral free rinse spray..... no more than once every couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on something that is easy and preferably able to apply in direct sunlight?
Meguiars UQW & UQD work great in direct sunlight and not heat sensitive. They are great choices and easy to get.

If you are looking for something with antistatic properties (esp if you live in a dusty place) and high gloss, try the Kenotek Showroom Shine Detailer. Fantastic product with outstanding gloss and antistatic properties.

If you are looking for economic options, buy the Optimum No Rinse Wash (the blue one) or Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate (I prefer this one and its one of the best). You can make QD sprays out of the concentrate by mixing it with water in a spray bottle (use distilled water and avoid tap water) and they both work excellent as QD sprays. If you go with this option, I strongly recommend Ultima over Optimum (which is indeed a good one but Ultima is better). You can buy both these products on Amazon. Follow the exact mixing ratio for each product (would help if your spray bottle has measurement lines).

On Carnauba...lots of modern quick waxes and QD sprays have carnauba with synthetic polymers so it has as much durability as a 100% synthetic quick detailer. The Carnauba wax can add nice warm gloss with synthetic polymers. Carnauba by itself is not durable as synthetic waxes but mixed with polymers in small quantities(most of them have anywhere from 2-10%), it looks great and just as durable.

OP
OP

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Meguiars UQW & UQD work great in direct sunlight and not heat sensitive. They are great choices and easy to get.

If you are looking for something with antistatic properties (esp if you live in a dusty place) and high gloss, try the Kenotek Showroom Shine Detailer. Fantastic product with outstanding gloss and antistatic properties.

If you are looking for economic options, buy the Optimum No Rinse Wash (the blue one) or Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate (I prefer this one and its one of the best). You can make QD sprays out of the concentrate by mixing it with water in a spray bottle (use distilled water and avoid tap water) and they both work excellent as QD sprays. If you go with this option, I strongly recommend Ultima over Optimum (which is indeed a good one but Ultima is better). You can buy both these products on Amazon. Follow the exact mixing ratio for each product (would help if your spray bottle has measurement lines).

On Carnauba...lots of modern quick waxes and QD sprays have carnauba with synthetic polymers so it has as much durability as a 100% synthetic quick detailer. The Carnauba wax can add nice warm gloss with synthetic polymers. Carnauba by itself is not durable as synthetic waxes but mixed with polymers in small quantities(most of them have anywhere from 2-10%), it looks great and just as durable.

Thanks for the info, I will check out Kenotek's Detailer.

I already have the Optimum No Rinse and a bottle of the waterless wash. I put one cap of the blue on in my soap before I wash my car and I am using the white one with a spray bottle/distilled water. Problem with the white one (waterless wash) is that it leaves streaks on my car if I apply it in direct sunlight. This is supposedly a issue for all darker colored cars but I am not a 100% certain that is accurate. I am wondering if I got my dilutions wrong as it streaks way to much.

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I will check out Kenotek's Detailer.

I already have the Optimum No Rinse and a bottle of the waterless wash. I put one cap of the blue on in my soap before I wash my car and I am using the white one with a spray bottle/distilled water. Problem with the white one (waterless wash) is that it leaves streaks on my car if I apply it in direct sunlight. This is supposedly a issue for all darker colored cars but I am not a 100% certain that is accurate. I am wondering if I got my dilutions wrong as it streaks way to much.
Are you talking about the Optimum QD aka Optimum Instant Detailer/Gloss Enhancer? That product has had no streaking issues known. Unless of course your dilution rates are off.

I know Optimum Car Wax (which is probably the best and long lasting spray wax btw) can streak on dark colored cars when applied in direct sunlight or even at high temps when the panels are hot. I have not seen that issue with the Optimumm Instant Detailer. Better to do your stuff in the shadee even if product says it can be applied in sunlight.

Yeah try the Kenotek Showroom shine. I have a feeling you will like it and never go back to any other QD. If you buy the Kenotek QD, here is a tip. It is a great glass cleaner as well so you just spray it all over the car panel by panel, wipe and quick buff and keep moving and you have a great looking car with brilliant gloss in about 20-30 min (depending on how fast ro slow you work). I used Optimum, Megs Ultimate etc as quick detailers until I discovered Kenotek and it is my go to QD now. The results are fantastic.

I suspect you are not diluting the Optimum Instant Detailer in the right ratio. I believe if you bought the 32 oz or 1 gal conc. formula, the dilution is 1 part concentrate with 3 parts water. You want to be more or less precise with that ratio. Also you might wanna use distilled water and not tap water.

OP
OP

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Are you talking about the Optimum QD aka Optimum Instant Detailer/Gloss Enhancer? That product has had no streaking issues known. Unless of course your dilution rates are off.

I know Optimum Car Wax (which is probably the best and long lasting spray wax btw) can streak on dark colored cars when applied in direct sunlight or even at high temps when the panels are hot. I have not seen that issue with the Optimumm Instant Detailer. Better to do your stuff in the shadee even if product says it can be applied in sunlight.

Yeah try the Kenotek Showroom shine. I have a feeling you will like it and never go back to any other QD. If you buy the Kenotek QD, here is a tip. It is a great glass cleaner as well so you just spray it all over the car panel by panel, wipe and quick buff and keep moving and you have a great looking car with brilliant gloss in about 20-30 min (depending on how fast ro slow you work). I used Optimum, Megs Ultimate etc as quick detailers until I discovered Kenotek and it is my go to QD now. The results are fantastic.

I suspect you are not diluting the Optimum Instant Detailer in the right ratio. I believe if you bought the 32 oz or 1 gal conc. formula, the dilution is 1 part concentrate with 3 parts water. You want to be more or less precise with that ratio. Also you might wanna use distilled water and not tap water.

I have two Optimum products. I have their waterless wash (white) and their no rinse wash (blue). I have used the blue as a lube when I clayed my car (distilled water) and I use it when I wash my car in combination with whatever soap I found for a good price. 1 cap of blue Optimum no rinse wash helps lubricate the washing soap. I use the white (waterless wash) with distilled as well. I purposefully got the Optimum wash concintrate that did NOT contain any waxing agents because I have issues with spray on waxes streaking.

I thought about the possibility of messing up the dilutions, but realistically I am using spray bottles with the dilution ratios hard marked on them so there is very little chance I messed anything up. I think that this product just streaks when used on a dark colored car in direct sunlight so getting in the shade or doing this at night/morning might be my only options.

Will look into the other mentioned detailer in this thread anyways. I am in a very sandy/dusty area and some anti-static treatment might just be what I need. I wish there was some option for a sealant that was antistatic since it rains here so much......
Sponsored