Scuffs on lower door panels...

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
You know those ones you get when there isn't room to open your door all the way in the garage or a parking lot? Yes those scuffs. Unless you (and your passengers) are very careful with your feet every time, you will undoubtedly get a few.

I had my car detailed last month and the detailer said that there is really nothing that actually gets rid of them. They can reduce the appearance of them a little but they are still there. Anybody had any luck getting rid of these?
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
And I thought I was alone!
Welcome to scuff heaven... don't recall having the same issue with other cars I've driven.

Common suggestion is to use a Magic Sponge
(like a Mr Clean Eraser I assume...)

Remove Scuff Marks from Car Door Trim in 3 Easy Steps
http://www.performancemotorcare.com...om-car-door-and-plastic-trim-in-3-easy-steps/

1. Dampen the sponge with either water or your trim cleaner.
  2. Rub over the offending marks on your cars plastic or vinyl interior door trim until the marks have disappeared.
  3. Wipe a clean damp cloth over the cleaned area to remove any residue and then dry off.
He suggests using the Sponge with Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner, to be even more effective.

This guy also seems to promote the Sponge, and demonstrates use
(jump to 3:30 if you are impatient...)

see also here for some other ideas
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...62-removing-scuff-marks-interior-plastic.html

misterbrazyho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
I've only had my car for a few weeks and I've gotten a few scuffs already. I thought it was just me... at least I'm not alone.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
These cars have wide sills because doors have to be thicker these days. Harder to get in and out of.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I've had passengers that aren't the friends/fam that I know are gonna *not* do this b/c they know I take care of my car (i.e., f***in' ungrateful coworkers for lunch - I ain't drivin next time) - I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer once I get home, gets them out everytime. $4 last time I bought a bottle.

As long as they didn't literally scrape the plastic and just scuffed it, it's worked every time.
Sponsored