Scuffing Interior Door Panels

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That's why I hate driving others. Me being the selfish person I am, I've actually refused to drive others who planned on drinking at a staff Christmas party and told them to find their own rides.

Sober people don't care about your car (because they don't own it) and will scuff the plastic up anyway, god knows what someone intoxicated would do. Me being selfish, but hey, it's private property so you still have nothing on me.
Sponsored

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i noticed on the bottom of my seat where the back of my shoe hits there was a scuff
and this was 2 days after i got the car so i went out and scrubbed it with an armorall wipe
and was able to get it out.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
Every car I've owned with plastic door cards gets scuffed and cleans up well, just like this one. The only cars I've not had a problem with this had carpet in that area (and retailed for over 50k.)

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Every car I've owned with plastic door cards gets scuffed and cleans up well, just like this one. The only cars I've not had a problem with this had carpet in that area (and retailed for over 50k.)
This is the first one I've owned that has scuffed this easily. Usually you have to give it a pretty good boot to scuff. It seems like even a light swipe really leaves a good scuff.

I'm going to try the above mentioned methods to get them off though. No big deal if they clean up well.

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Man....That is not cool at all...I'll speak to the dealer and see if they have any sort of suggestions...I'll post back whenever I speak with them. It's not like we're kicking the doors with force. There's no way they should be permanently like that..
my 2003 Civic had exactly the same problem, cheap plastics. but my 2011 Acura TSX didnt have the issue. You can see a tangible difference in the quality of the door plastics used.

OP
OP
KA0S

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
just be careful, because the Magic Erasers are abrasive, they can remove the sheen on the plastics
This is what I was eluding to. I don't really like using them on anything, unless it's the bathroom or something...

johnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic, 15 pilot, 13 insight, 12 fit, plus 15 gone but not forgotten
Man....That is not cool at all...I'll speak to the dealer and see if they have any sort of suggestions...I'll post back whenever I speak with them. It's not like we're kicking the doors with force. There's no way they should be permanently like that..
When you go to a doctor and tell him/her that it hurts when you move your leg a certain way, the doctor will tell you not to move it that way. When you go to the dealer, expect to hear them tell you not to kick the door with your shoe and the marks will stay off permanently. :)

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Had to revive this as I don't see any newer posts.

This has to be my biggest pet peeve with the car, I just got it and pretty much from day 1 the scuffs have been constant. No matter how careful you try to be coming in and out it's going to happen, especially if you're are driving others.

Ive used a dry/damp microfibre to get rid of most, but not always effective. Just bought some Armourall Wipes and they work abit better, doesn't completely get rid of them but they're alot less noticeable.

HaRDYSi925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Oh yeah same problem for me. Seems like I do it way more in my SI than I do in my WRX. Let us know what the dealer says.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to jump in and say I've used the 303 products for various things over the years, and they are great. I can't get them in stores around here, so I buy online.
+1 on the 303 Aerospace Protectant.
It’s amazing stuff that blends in surface imperfections and minor scratches & scuffs.
The scratches in the rear cargo area of our 2012 Odyssey just vanish after applying 303 Protectant.
Speaking of which, it’s high time to go over the van and Civic again for a post-winter cleanup and summer tire swap.
Sponsored