First Name
Mykal-Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello all,

new to the website here. I have aquestion on if anyone can tell me the specs of the infotainment system. More specifically, what the screen is made of. I have a scuff on there that I would like to get rid of but not sure if I can use steel wool to get rid of it. Or if anyone knows any other ways to get rid it said scuff. Please let me know! Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Scuff on Infotainment screen 3638736D-EE36-4E11-9A5C-73708FA9EC7C
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
an abrasive like steel wool isn’t going to do anything, but ruin the screen completely.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hello all,

new to the website here. I have aquestion on if anyone can tell me the specs of the infotainment system. More specifically, what the screen is made of. I have a scuff on there that I would like to get rid of but not sure if I can use steel wool to get rid of it. Or if anyone knows any other ways to get rid it said scuff. Please let me know! Thanks!

3638736D-EE36-4E11-9A5C-73708FA9EC7C.jpeg

I'm glad i put all the protectors in my car on the first day i got it.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I put one on mine almost immediately... 2 years later, I found a crack on the left side and I'm afraid to remove it. I've seen some nasty pictures on Amazon of people who tried to remove theirs.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I put one on mine almost immediately... 2 years later, I found a crack on the left side and I'm afraid to remove it. I've seen some nasty pictures on Amazon of people who tried to remove theirs.

I used Xpel car bra wrap for the screen and the plastic piano black trims. I cutted these to sizes and put them on. I clean the screen without permanent swirly marks.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I used Xpel car bra wrap for the screen and the plastic piano black trims. I cutted these to sizes and put them on. I clean the screen without permanent swirly marks.
Oh, I used a glass screen protector. Taking it off looks like a nightmare.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

i also did this for the most touch spots around the car, the door handles, door sill, back bumper..etc. Can't even tell they are there.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would try some sort of auto glass wax. Too lazy to research it but something that can clean and fill those small scratches. Do a test spot first to ensure the touch screen still functions.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I recommend looking at the Photodon MXH screen protector on Amazon. It's not glass, it's antiglare, and it's held up perfectly for 18 months so far despite direct sunlight, high heat, freezing cold, etc.

It has not accumulated any visible wear or scratches.

Plus they appear to want to take care of customers. I ordered and received the wrong product, so they simply sent me the product I wanted and let me keep both (they both were the correct size, just clear vs. antiglare.)

Casez923

First Name
Cassie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Si
Country flag

my screen got TOTALLY messed up when it tried to take it off. even thought i did it on a hot day and used goo gone.... its so bad. I actually posted on the specific one i bought ( it had black borders).. they refunded my money.

OP
OP
MKTroche

MKTroche

First Name
Mykal-Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I had gotten this car used and it had that. It's not terrible to where I dislike the car. It's mainly a bother when the sun hits it at the right angle and I can't see what's on the screen. PLus, I would like for the car to look clean on the inside and, when the screen is off, it's an eye sore.
Sponsored