Screen protector

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Yup. It used a film adhesive between the screen and the tempered glass. Tons of mini bubbles formed on the side that was on the glass or something and made it look like crap. I should've took a picture. It looked like it was peeling but it wasn't really. You just couldn't get rid of the small bubbles once it formed, its as if the adhesive was melting.
We should figure out who makes a good glass protector.
Sponsored

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
We should figure out who makes a good glass protector.
Got the one from AliExpress, today wasn't that hot in toronto but the adhesive side looks to be melting similar to my other glass one too. Maybe glass is a bad material for screen protectors for use in high temperatures...

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
im using one from https://www.photodon.com/ and its been on for 1.5 years with no problem
Haha yea I know people have good experiences with the photodon plastic one. Was experimenting with glass ones cuz I like the feel of glass more. Going to hope the Canadian dollar goes up a bit to lighten the blow on the Photodon one, that thing costs like 40 each shipped to Canada.

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a glass screen protector installed that I got off of Amazon made by LiFan. Fits perfectly and was fairly easy to install so I don't even notice it's there. Hopefully the pics work so you guys can get a better look at how it looks.

http://a.co/9yF5Dcl

Honda Civic 10th gen Screen protector {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Screen protector dDwqK5OQvfAOLX0BRVH7FYyXP5Qu7tS66JAAbZ_y5OvHALpPLvAPJErveUwB8PVaS_vXlwDRravP5Kc4lw=w1013-h760-no

gomarlins3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2017 Accord EX-L, 2002 S2000
I tried the same one and it looked horrible. Tore it off within the first 50 miles of the road trip. I am glad it worked for you though. Maybe the install was weak.

I installed the screen protector. Not too bad. They sent 2. The screen is matted/flat but you really can't tell when the screen is on.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LIFAN is shipping from China. $10.99 free shipping no tax. Ordered they say it's also compatible with sedan as it is not listed in advertisement. Real glass. Awesome can't wait

I have a glass screen protector installed that I got off of Amazon made by LiFan. Fits perfectly and was fairly easy to install so I don't even notice it's there. Hopefully the pics work so you guys can get a better look at how it looks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Screen protector dDwqK5OQvfAOLX0BRVH7FYyXP5Qu7tS66JAAbZ_y5OvHALpPLvAPJErveUwB8PVaS_vXlwDRravP5Kc4lw=w1013-h760-no

Last edited:

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag

Keep us posted on how this handles car sitting in the 30+ sun for long hours!!!

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep us posted on how this handles car sitting in the 30+ sun for long hours!!!
So far so good. All the itty bitty bubbles disappeared after a couple of days why is good. I don't garage the car at all so it's outside 24/7 and I haven't any issues yet. Granted, having 20% tint helps greatly with the heat reduction.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried it and it was garbage. When I first installed it looked perfect but days later with heat it just pulled and bubbled . Glass is slightly too wide and leaves finger prints like a champ. Total garbage but worth the try as I received a full refund.

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Tried it and it was garbage. When I first installed it looked perfect but days later with heat it just pulled and bubbled . Glass is slightly too wide and leaves finger prints like a champ. Total garbage but worth the try as I received a full refund.
That seems to be the issue with glass ones. Need to find one that can stand the heat.

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Over a month now with it on and mine is also starting separate from the top right below the ac vents that runs about a centimeter down. My car is always outside not by choice, so the heat has been brutal to it. I'm also on the look out for something more heat durable and oleophobic.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never even occurred to me until I saw this thread.

Unless it's a phone or tablet I never used it even on my Asus laptop.

Having said that I have a scratch on it dont know how but whay can you do.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for one for the base screen. The guy who cleaned my car yesterday seems to have scratched the center of the screen with whatever he was wiping the interior with. Car isn't even 3 weeks old.

Razro95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hond Civic Touring
Yes i have, purchased mine from Amazon and works fine! Just make sure you clean the screen properly!!
Sponsored