Scraped Underbody Piece

CivicNub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I was driving in a unfamiliar plaza, and scraped an underbody piece on a long, narrow, and unnecessary curb island (for lack of a better description).

The piece that got scraped is behind the front passenger wheel well, it looks like the paint is scrunched/compacted, and some metal is exposed.

Is this a critical piece of the body? I'm guessing it was painted to provide protection against rust. Would the best way to fix this myself be to apply some primer and then some touch up paint?

Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen Scraped Underbody Piece IMG_20171008_135500883
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was driving in a unfamiliar plaza, and scraped an underbody piece on a long, narrow, and unnecessary curb island (for lack of a better description).

The piece that got scraped is behind the front passenger wheel well, it looks like the paint is scrunched/compacted, and some metal is exposed.

Is this a critical piece of the body? I'm guessing it was painted to provide protection against rust. Would the best way to fix this myself be to apply some primer and then some touch up paint?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20171008_135500883.jpg
I can't tell exactly, but it it looks like its the piece that fits into the jack to lock it in place. I would definately get some touch up paint on it before it rusts though.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
That part is STRAKE, R, FR 74102-TBA-A0

I don't know what the purpose of that thing is other than to be scraped up the first time you put the nose end over a parking bumper.

Anyhow, if it bothers you, it's like a $5.00 part and it's held in with three bolts. It's completely trivial to replace.

If you replace it, you'll probably end up replacing it again. Consider it a rite of passage.

Last edited: